Chapter 4 ~ Fear

Cole's P.O.V

    James scooped me up whisking me away into a room placing me on the bed. I pulled my knees to my chest tears threatening to spill from my cheeks.

  "I'm so so sorry about axel, he's emotional," James whispered sitting down by me. I leaned against him trying to calm myself down. After a few seconds a loud growl ripped through the house. The noise caused me to jump giving my emotions the final push; I broke down crying.

  James wrapped his arms around me holding me tight. "It's okay" he whispered. I ignored him sobs wracking my body. He held me tighter pulling me into his lap sighing. After a few minutes I was calm enough to ask questions.

  "What's an alpha?" I pondered out loud. James sighed and opened his mouth to talk but was cut off by the door being flung opened. Axel stood in the door way, a low deep growl emitted from his chest.

  James placed me on the bed standing in front of me growling. I shivered staying perfectly still keeping my eyes on axel.

  "Move," he growled at James taking a step forward. James stood his ground barring his teeth at axel.

  "Move!," axel yelled ending in a throaty growl. I took that as a Que. to  run. I sprung up from the bed rushing past James and axel through the bedroom door. A loud growl sounded from the room I ignored it and forced myself to keep running. I Turn the corner and I feel arms wrap around my waist.

  I turn on my heel running face to chest with axel causing us to fall in the process. I let out a soft scream realising that this huge man was gonna land on me. I close my eyes and wait to be rushed by this guy but I land on him. I open my eyes and they meet his hazel ones. He starred into my eyes softly before leaning up slightly. It took me a few seconds to realise what was going on. HE WAS GONNA KISS ME! I quickly turned my face so his kiss landed on my cheek and not lips.

  I pushed against his chest and he gave he a confused look before growling at me. I whimpered putting my head down guilt filling me up. What the hell was wrong with me.  The guy just starred at me intently watching my every move.

  "Will you let go it hurts," I whisper refusing to look at him. His eyebrows pull together into a confused expression before letting his arms fall from around me. I took that as my chance to run so I stood up and took off running. I ran back into the kitchen to find Shane curled up on the floor, a small pool of blood forming underneath him. My heart skipped a beat seeing him like that.

  I slowly walked over to him crouching down and trying to find a pulse, it took me a second but I found it. It was faint and slow. What do I do what do I do. Think Cole think. I pushed him into his back trying to prop his head up.

   I stood up looking around the kitchen for a rag; when I found one I wet it with cold water in the sink and rushed back to Shane. I peeled back his blood soaked shirt pressing rag into the cuts.  

  "what the heck," I mumble looking down at the cuts. They... They look like an animal had clawed his chest and tore him up. I tried to stop the bleeding but blood continued to gush from his chest.

  "Please please stop bleeding" I whisper tears brimming my eyes. I removed the tag and the cuts were... They were gone.