(42)

Yesterday was awesome, today wasn't. I had been sitting in my room in the hospital all alone, taking double the dosage since Derek wanted to speed up the reaction. Anything with a smell whether food or drinks or whatever made me throw up. I was always cold now and I wanted to throw up all the time. It was a mess. I was now lying down, listening to some symphonies hoping they'd calm me a bit. A knock was sounded and in comes Zach and Aiden.

"Hey, guys." I say in a croaked voice. Zach smiles sadly and hugs me gently, he pulls away frowning at my bony shoulders and arms. Aiden nudges him slightly when he notices me noticing. Aiden hugs me as well with the same sad and full of pity smile.

"Hey, Lex." Zach says. "How are you doing?" he says with a smile.

"I am good, I am just tired." I say with a smile, even though it hurt my face muscles, if that was even possible.

"What is this medication?" Aiden asks with a frown on his face. I shrug nonchalantly.

"I don't remember, every time Derek tells me, but I simply don't wanna know. I don't even know why are they giving it to me, they declared before that it's terminal, why waste money and effort on something that could benefit other people?" I say with yet another shrug.

"Don't say that, where's my optimistic Lexi, huh?" Zach says with a pout, he looked so adorable I couldn't control my giggles.

"Well, what are you up to? Where are you going next year? What college?" I ask.

"I have a scholarship to Oxford." Aiden says with a shy smile, my eyes widen at his words.

"Wow, Aiden, that's awesome, I never knew you had the brains." I say with a tiny laugh, he glares at me as he sticks out his tongue slightly which I laugh at.

"Well, I am going to the local college, so I could be next to Z." he says with a dreamy look on his face.

"You really do love her, don't you?" I say with a smile. He blushes slightly and nods. I almost awed.

"I wish I was there with you when you both get married." I say, he blushes slightly mumbling incoherent stuff.

"Anyways, to what do I owe the pleasure of having you guys here as my company?" I say. Aiden sighs.

"Zach has been bothering me since last week for us to come here, but I was busy repairing the car which, may I add, he broke." He groans. Zach looks at him horrified.

"I swear I didn't see the fence." He says a he raises his hands up.

"Oh yeah?" Aiden asks, raising ay eyebrow in mock surprise. "How can you not see a 10 foot fence of a damned school?" he asks.

"Maybe I need glasses." Zach says as he shrugs.

"No, you need a whole new damned sight for that case." Aiden says as he rolls his eyes. I laugh at their conversation as Zach grins at me.

"What are you even laughing about? I almost died." He said, laughing as well.

"Bro, the air bags came out the moment you crashed, which was, from behind as well, how can you back up into a fence?" Aiden says with a weird expression. I complete laughing as Zach completes smiling at me.

"How is Mrs. Gray?" Zach asks. I sigh.

"Mrs. Gray is doing just fine, boy, don't you worry." Someone says from the doorway, I look and see it's mom.

"Oh, hi, Mrs. Gray." Aiden says. She smiles at both of them as she comes to me and pats my shoulder.

"How are you doing now?" she asks. I shrug.