(4)

Picture of Alexa Gray.
...................

I look at him with a surprised expression. He really accepted? I thought he would call me crazy or something. Well, I am practically crazy but that's not the point right now. I take his phone out of his hand, quickly typing my number and my name. I am actually doing this. Mom is gonna kill me! I give him his phone back as he smiles a small smile at me.

"Any rules?" He says. I think for a bit and nod.

"Don't ask personal questions, A.K.A; don't ask why I am doing this. Other than that, it's okay to ask anything." I say. He nods.

"You can ask me whatever, I won't mind." He says. I nod and then look at the time, 3 pm, damn, we have been talking for a long time.

"Well, I should really get going. When will we start?" I say.

"I'll text you, just, give me time to think about all of this. What will we do and all." I nod at his words and then smile. We start walking together to the chicken section in comfortable silence.

"Thank you, Noah, for doing this." I say.

"Oh, Sunshine, for these 4 weeks to pass, you need to learn not to ever thank me till the 4 weeks are done, okay?" He says as he gives me a slight push. I try to steady myself as his push was a bit too hard for my petite figure. I try to return the push but he doesn't even flinch.

"You have zero muscles." He says as we turn a corner. I nod, agreeing with him.

"Well, I'll get going now. Bye, Noah." I say as I offer my hand for a handshake. He shakes it and smiles at me.

"Later, Sunshine." He says and then turns a corner as I complete walking with a goofy smile on my face.

I have literally turned crazy.

********

"Wait up a second, you did what?" Derek says in a surprised tone as Zoë looks weirdly at me.

"I made a bet with Noah Black. Can you even believe it?" I say excitedly.

We were now sitting in Derek's household, we were all like brother and sisters so it was okay. I just told them both about Noah's and I's conversation and they were both shocked.

"But, why?" Z says, chewing a Lays chip. I shrug with the same goofy smile.

"I don't know, I wanna try something new, you know?" I say excitedly again. Derek sighs while shaking his head.

"Look, Lexi, your state may not be that helpful, I mean, you are stage 4, you need to be resting with your family and friends, relaxing from all the worries in the world." He says, crossing his arms over his chest.

"You crazy? You were the one who told me to make them unforgettable, do you have Amnesia or something?" I say, chuckling.

"Yes, but I didn't mean that-" I cut him off.

"You didn't mean that I go wasting all my life savings to a boy who I barely know, right?" I say, he nods.

"Derek, stop being her dad." Zoë says and I high-five her.

"I am just worried." He says, putting his head in his hands. I sigh, today has been awfully emotional. I head over to him and hug him a side hug.

"Oh, Derek, don't worry about me, I am Alexa Remi Gray, the one who you probably should ever have to worry about." I say, laughing lightly. He chuckles and then turns to hug me. He hugs me tightly, crushing me into his chest.

"You did lose weight." He mutters, thinking I didn't hear him, but unfortunately I did. Zoë fakes sadness and stands in front of us.

"I feel like a third wheel, scoot over, let's have a group hug!" I laugh and scoot over a bit as she sits in the middle and hugs us both with her slim arms.

"I love you guys." I say. Derek looks at me with a sad smile along with Zoë.

"We love you too, Lex, we love you too." Derek says as we all hug each other. I get up as I pull away from them.

"Enough the lovey-dovey talk, let's dance." I say. Zoë laughs as I get out my phone and put on one of our favourite songs, it isn't for dancing, but we just sway around the room listening to it, to the clapping in the background music, to the lyrics, to it all.

Team by Lorde.

When I first listened to it, I kept replaying it a lot that Derek and Zoë loved it. The best quote I got from it will follow me everywhere.

We're on each other's Team.

Derek, Zoë and I will always be on each other's teams. We'll always be a team. As the song finishes, the shuffle decides to bring up Keep Your Head Up by Andy Grammer. We start singing at the top of our lungs.

But you gotta keep your head up
And you can let your head down
I know it's hard, I know it's hard
To remember sometimes
But you gotta keep your head up
And you can let your head down

As this song finishes, I was breathing heavily while they didn't even break a sweat. I look at them with a tired expression as Derek's expression turns to one of concern.

"Lex, you okay?" He says. I nod and we continue dancing. Chandelier by Sia comes up and we start singing as well. I was starting to get really tired, sweat was gathering itself on the back of my neck but I didn't care at the moment. As something I have learnt from movies, a movie called Now Is Good, that life is a series of moments. And what I was having now, is definitely a moment. Seeing my friends laughing their asses off as we dance and jump, having particularly no care in the world, is probably the best moment I'll ever see. They looked so carefree as we dance and jump. What You Wanted by OneRepublic came on and we started singing as well. I was starting yo get really dizzy but I ignored it. We completed laughing as more songs came on.

I will never forget this moment.

As we completed dancing, I started to breathe heavily, and I was sweating a lot and I was really dizzy, the room was spinning but I didn't mind because now was a moment, I don't want to let it go. I complete swaying and they think it is dancing.

Dark spots start to dance in front of my eyes, but I ignore them. My head gets really heavy, and I was starting to sway even more now. Suddenly, the sound of the song seems to be way too far and I start seeing things in double. I think Derek noticed because he came up to me and was talking to me but I wasn't hearing a thing. I stop moving but the room wouldn't stop spinning. I can make out that Derek's eyes were wide, he was shouting my name. But I didn't hear it. I can't hear it.

And just then, I fall in his arms, black slumber consuming me, along with silence.