College: What Fun!

Disclaimer:  I own pretty much nothing. Mexico is my OC but only partly. His physical appearance was influenced by multiple medias of him. The plot is mine. No touchy of plot without my consent. ( ̄ω ̄)

Third Person PoV

  As Mexico drove up the driveway of Canada's vacation home in DC, he looked in the rear view mirror at the nations in the back.

    "Y," he said. "How was your first day of college?"

They glanced at him then at each other.

   "Fine," England(Evan) said shortly.

  Mexico glanced at Canada, who was sitting next to him in the passenger seat and raised an eyebrow.

   "What happened?" Canada asked, slightly concerned but not overly so. He doubted they had gotten into a fight, no one looked roughed up or hurt.

  Romano(Jason) shrugged. "We came in late in the semester, took tests, got homework, watched Amer—Alfred do a bunch of schoolwork and not much else."

  Mexico and Canada looked at each other before sighing. For hundreds of years old countries, everyone sure did act like a prepubescent teen.

   "We'll take your word for it," Canada said, taking out his phone and flipping through his contacts. "I have to call Al right now so please be quiet, he doesn't know you're all here."

  Everyone nodded, Italy(Edmundo) giving a quick 'Okay!' before quieting and getting out of the car, along with the other nations.

  Putting his phone to his ear Canada waited as the phone dialed Alfred's number, ringing.

  "Hey, Mattie!" America's voice said happily, making a slurping sound. "Mm, how've ya been?"

  Matthew(Canada) smiled and said, "I've been fine, Al, merci for asking."

"Eh, what're brothers for?" America asked, pausing. "Man, this mocha thing from Dairy Queen is delicious!"

   Canada laughed softly. "Sure, Al, whatever you say," he paused, before speaking tentatively. "Hey, Al, I was wondering... Are you going to college again?"

   The nations that were listening looked at each other in confusion. Wasn't this the first time America went to college outside of Gakuen Academy? What did Canada mean by 'again'?

  America laughed. "I can't keep anything from you, can I, huh, Mattie?"

  Canada gave a weak laugh. "Yeah, that, and I saw you doing homework at the last meeting."

   America laughed. "You saw that?"

"Well, you weren't exactly hiding it, were you, eh?"

  "Heh, yeah, anyway, guess what! We got new students at the college I'm going to."

  "New students this late in the year?" Canada asked, acting surprised. "Isn't that a little rare?"

"Yeah, but they all seem pretty smart, so I guess they'll do fine. Hey, bro, when's the next meeting going to be again?"

"The fifth of next month," Canada answered. "Why?"

America cursed. "I have an exam that same day, and I have no idea if I'll make it either."