Chapter 27

How does losing someone feel? How does seeing the love of your life lying on the ground feel? Did you know that all the things you want to say to them or once said to them play in front of you?

Your heart sink with pain. It shatters knowing that the one person who has it, is hurt.

Chris felt the same seeing Sharon lying on the road. It all happened so fast but his mind played the ugly scene in front of him slowly. He knew it before it happened, he somehow saw that coming yet couldn't do anything because it happened the very next second he realized it's going to happen.

Confused?? Let me rewind it for you...

"Mr.Vanderwood all your meetings are scheduled," Laura said giving him a file.

"Thank-you Laura. I don't know what I would do with out you." He said giving her a kind smile.

"Why? You are welcome sir. I'm just doing my duty and by the way I wasn't there when you started the company and you were just fine." She said smiling back at him.

Chris shook his head. Laura was one of the most trusted and very first employee of 'Sherry Enterprises' .

"Mr.Vanderwood, we finally get to meet you," one of the man sitting in the conference room said.

"Sorry, Mr.Sanders I was on a little vacation."

"Hope we are not interrupting," the man besides Sanders said.

Chris shook his head a little. It was time to come back anyway.

"So gentlemen without any further ado let's start our meeting."

***
Martha was waiting for Chris in his office. She knew he came back.

"No. I don't want any delay..." Chris was speaking to an agent when we entered his Cabin and saw his mother sitting on the couch. "Yes. Make sure its done on time." He said cutting the call.

"What do you want?" He asked her.

Martha gulped and her eyes already watered , she looked tired. "I am sorry"

Chris eyes softened for a second, " And?"

"How is April? Hadn't seen her for two months now. " She asked.

"Alive." He spat.

"Chris,I said I am sorry."

"You are sorry, Mom? Sorry doesn't bring my son back. Sorry doesn't bring me a chance to hold him in my arms."

Martha held her head in her hands. "I'm sorry so sorry son."

"You are? Good. Because i could never forgive you mom. Never. If you have nothing else to say please leave."

Martha nodded her head after wiping her face, "I am going to stay with my brother. "

Chris turned his head from her. Martha pursed her lips in thin line to keep herself from breaking down again.

"Just.." Chris's voice stopped her when she was almost out of the door. "Take care."

Martha nodded her head few tears rolling down her cheeks.

Chris loosened his tie sighing out loudly. He removed his coat and placed it on the stand.

After such a long day he needs to talk to Sharon. He took his phone out to call her.

***

"Savvy... Are you sure?" Sharon asked Savannah again.

Savannah gave a small smile and nodded her head.