W h y m e ?

"What do you mean by that?"

"It doesn't have to mean anything."

"Then, why break into my room when you don't even know me?"

"I don't need to know you so that you can see me." he shrugged.

Harper stood from her bed, and she saw his eyes sharpen at the sudden movement. She quickly grabbed her coat and took long strides out her bedroom door to the front door, and got out. The chilly breeze of an afternoon greeted her in the form of an embrace. And she sensed her arms automatically clutching at either her sides in a prompt action to regain more warmth.

From that point; she didn't know where to go for clarity.

She just walked. 

Harper never got the chance to actually appreciate the lights that stretched along town. They only turned on when dusk was around the corner. And she wasn't the type to study her surroundings. 

Completely focused on the lights that clouded her vision golds, reds, and greens, she thought that it all blended well with the mellow hail of snow.

"I don't think you really have a precise destination in mind," his cool gentle voice spoke from the right of her. She turned, making direct eye contact with him. She noted that his eyes weren't fully open, almost a little heavy. 

Like the weight of a decade rested upon them.

"Do you?"He inquired. The way his voice seemed to sound off hollowly and low made Harper shiver involuntarily. 

She shoved her fists into the warm depths of her pockets, feeling her nose getting a little bit runny. Sniffing, she quickened her pace. But his pace still remained calm, not rushed like hers. 

She kept track of his footstep sounds until they suddenly became dull and faint . . . . and then gone.

Her brows furrowed, and she looked back to be met with a clear path.

Harper never saw him for the rest of that day. 

-

The next day, Harper walked into the football field of her school in silence.

It was, in fact a noisy place, but only after school.  

She took out her earphones, attaching one of them to her right ear. It was thrashed, and rough looking. The left piece already stopped functioning a while back. 

At the time, it bothered her to an extent. 

But she eventually learned to move on. 

Slinging her bag off her shoulders, she proceeded to sit on the bleachers. Her hands were shoved deep in her pockets as she breathed out. Her breath came out as a warm thin fog, dissipating into the cold surroundings. 

All alone, she was living in a world without an end or beginning.

The first verse rang off, and her eyes shut as if to follow the song into its own world. Her mornings on weekdays usually went on like this. She found acceptance in other realms through which songs provided. 

And through those realms, she found that she can forget whatever problems she was facing that she couldn't solve in her own world. 

As time dragged on, her cheeks became cold and red along with her nose. 

Songs after songs played, and soon she felt a being intrude her peace. She reluctantly had to open her eyes and crane her neck to the side to look at the person. 

Her eyes hardened into a glare as her sense of smell got invaded by smoke. 

He sat next to her, his eyes gazing into the distance with no emotion. His pale lips wrapped around a thin cylinder of finely chopped tobacco swaddled up in paper. 

"What is it you want from me that you keep on following me for?" she asked agitated in midst of her comical coughs.

He threw the cigarette onto the bleacher below them, squashing it with the tip of his shoes. 

He then turned to her, eyes boring heavily onto her face. 

"Fairly, I'd say there's not much to you to want." he tilts his head, eyes scanning her whole.

 "You're merely an average girl."

Harper twisted the left corner of her mouth upwards baring her teeth to show her annoyance. 

He sighed. 

"Look, I'm sorry. But what I seek is your time. And want doesn't even begin to emphasize my need of your help." he said. 

Harper stood, picking  her bag up as she did so.

"Whatever you needed my time for, clearly wasn't worth it."  

And this time, she was the one who left.

But as she left, she kept asking herself; Why her? 

And she had feeling that she stood far away from where the truth to all these puzzles lie.

-

Hey there, CH readers! (That's if you all existed) I'm apologizing for the late update and this rough draft that I'm hereby still presenting to you because life is just to much for me to handle to actually present something presentable, apparently. 

If any of you have faith in me, or are just reading this to laugh at how unorganized my work is or my life as a matter of fact, please do enlighten the vote button to this story. I promise you more detailed updates and interesting ones at that, but please bare with my mess for now.