T h e B o y

Buzzing thoughts, for Harper, are normally at bay; within her control.

But after her tutoring session with Rae, her mind had forgotten the meaning of control. She didn't even get the chance to tutor him before she had wandered off too deep. She was left with so many questions, with little to no answers. She also wondered if the people in her town were blind to not have noticed the boy walking and sitting around aimless and upset? 

The first Harper had met him -well, not exactly met- his hair was the loudest quirk. With it's pure white locks and all. But the image the news channel had showcased, was of him with a jet black mane. 

Harper had many questions. Ranging from, Who is he? Did he enjoy getting people worked up for attention? 

"No, I don't." a cool voice stated. 

Harper had felt one thing back at Rae's house, and it was the shocks that straightened up her spine with chills and paralysis. 

A lot similar to what was happening at the moment.

Harper had been lying on the bed, the sheets dangling on her lower half, while blasting holes into the plain wall that faced her.

But that was before the voice spoke, and the room became a tinge cold.

She craned her head to the side; where she originally heard the voice the loudest. And as her eyes landed on the source, she paled. Her eyes widened, and her lips parted to release a shriek. 

But it died in her throat before it could sound off.

His eyes, the softest shade of sky blue on a wintry day, were bloodshot red. Harper gasped at the fascinating shade of blue that contradicted it's prettiness with deep sorrow and pain. They stood out against his pale complexion, but they were too cold.

Too cold to be living.

He was looking at her, with the sense of disorientation peeking through his watchful gaze. But she didn't know what to do. She had thought about reporting to the police station earlier, but she didn't want to jump into anything that wouldn't be taken serious by the police. Especially when her reputation in the town held onto the name 'mute girl'.

Now that he was openly in her room, she was speechless. 

She sat up straight, deciding to not fret him. 

"I'm sure you know that you're being hunted down." Harper mentally slapped herself. That came out too rough.

"And I hope they know that they'll never find me."

-

So, yeah, here's the third chapter. Not much, but my creative juices decided to stop there. If you guys find it horribly written, please know that it wasn't edited. Bare with me. 

You can stop by the vote button to help me reach my goal, and comment your opinions on this chapter as I'm open to both positive comments and constructive criticism.