Chapter 17: Villains of the Round Table

The king stood over the map, his eyes scanning every part of the island that he had marked, previously. His eyes kept coming back to the big X that was drawn at a specific area in the island's jungle. 

               He had been fighting the monsters for weeks, the Olympians have been sending them way before the arrival of his old 'friends'. Did they have any knowledge of the Olympians sending monsters to challenge him? 

               As much as he hated to admit it, the Olympians were smart enough to know that even a Titan can't defeat him now. What were the Olympians planning? His only source for answers would be the demigods they have sent to the island. 

                Percy had never trusted the Olympians, they would send demigods on a quest for a reason the demigod would know about, but he knew they always had another reason, another goal to reach from the assistance of the young naive demigod. 

               He had figured it out, the Olympians were using Annabeth and the others as bait. The Olympians couldn't possibly believe that he could be made good again? The Olympians would use Annabeth and the others to bring him to them, then they would destroy him. They would win. 

            A smile played on his lips as his villain mind conjured a plan. Let Annabeth come close to him, let her think he had changed, let her take him to the Olympians to prove it, and when they make their move, Percy would've already strike them down. 

            Annabeth and the others thought that the Olympians are with them, but Percy had figured them out. The two sides had a traitor, the Olympians. All what Percy had to do was change the game to aid himself, let him control them. 

              He was after all, always one step ahead.

***************

              "That actually sounds like a good plan. We need to know more about the island." Annabeth said, agreeing to Hazel's suggestion. 

               Hazel had thought that, while Annabeth, Piper, Nico and Leo would be working to get closer to Percy, her, Jason and Frank would secretly search through the library and the island's jungle, to learn more about the place.

               "I'm in." Frank added. 

               Jason nodded in response. "It would be easier if we found a map of the island. We would know where to search first."

               "Guys," Piper said glancing at the three Upper Guards. "We better go, I don't want to be late to our first Upper Guard meeting. The sooner we get there, the better." 

              "She's right. I want to get there soon enough to punch the nose off of Percy's face." Nico said, following Piper out of the cabin. 

              "I'll take that as a joke!" Hazel said. Once Annabeth and Leo left the cabin she turned to the two boys. "Do you think Nico was being serious? Percy might actually end him."

             Frank smiled. The bruises on his back still caused him to wince every time he moved and he limped a little when he walked. "With Nico, you can never be sure." 

             Jason sighed and stood up from his bed. "So, who's in the mood for some reading?" 

***************