Chapter 28 - New Crush

Katherine's POV

After the incident in the office we went back to the hotel, none of us uttered a single word after what happened.

He was silent all the way back, he looked so deep in thoughts , he looked that he was in pain ,that he was hurt , he wasn't the same cold person , his emotions were written all over his face, exposing him , stripping the façade he always wears.

Curiosity was killing me , starting from why his father treats him that way, and why He loath his father this much , because it was so obvious from the way he looked at him , it was like looking at your long life enemy, even the way i look at Ashton is not even compared to the way they were both looking at each others.

His father mentioned something about two years ago, and I can't help but keep replaying it in my mind, and i just end feeling that my heart is being torn apart.

Even though i know the truth , the truth that Ashton did this to Chase; but lately, i was having this small hope that i am wrong, that there is another explanation, but what his father said was like another proof , it was like a message to wake me up , to make me continue what I started because it looks like I forgot why i am here in the first place.

Why this is happening to me ? Why i am caring about him ?

When i saw him in that situation, the way he wasn't able to breath , it made me afraid and scared , afraid that something bad will happen to him , but why ?

Shouldn't i be happy to see him suffer ? To see him in pain ? To even see him dead ?

I am so confused , my head started pounding, i feel like my brain is begging me to stop over-thinking, stop analyzing all the shît i am subjected to.

My phone buzzed beside me , I grasped it from the bedside table, it was Cara , she sent me a message telling me she had arrived and the name of the hotel she is staying at.

It is actually not so far from here , i think i should go , see her and talk to her maybe i will feel better.

Also , i owe her an explanation about everything.

I texted her that i'll come and spend the night with her.

I didn't bother to change my clothes , i was wearing a dark red baggy shirt and black pants, i just wore a sweater because of the weather then fixed my hair in a ponytail.

I took my phone and some money and head out of the room, i looked around but Ashton was nowhere to be seen, so i just decided to go without telling him , anyway it is non of his business to know.

"Where are you going ?" Ashton's voice made me turn around and face him, he was wearing a grey sweatpants with white top and oh my god are those abs ?

He cleared his throat to grab my attention.

Damn I can feel my cheeks warming up with embarrassment , i was totally checking him out.

Don't blame me, It is just it is the first time i see him with casual clothes and not a suit.

Don't give lame excuses Katherine !

Just.. Just shut up !

"I am going to see my friend." I said answering his question trying my best just to look at his face.

"Now ?" He asked .

No tomorrow, but i wanted to wait beside the door from now. I wanted to say but held myself at the last moment remembering that he is not in the mood today.