Fear

Xander's pov:

"Kiss, kiss..."

My body ignited with some kind of fire when we heard the silly order of our parents, how can some fifty year people be this childish. Kiss. My eyes immediately drifted to Ella's lips. She was still struggling to get out of my hands. My breaths became sharp as I imagined those plump lips of hers being claimed, kissed, sucked and nibbled by me. My body exhibited a kind of longing that I never experienced and for some reason I found myself eager to connect with Ella. Maybe because she ran away for nearly a month and I missed her? Whatever the reason was and even though my desires were fulfilled earlier by Linda, I still found myself leaning in carving the kiss.

I tightened my grip on her and pulled her closer to my body so I can kiss her. But what happened next left my heart beat less. Sounds, people and our parents 'cries ceased to exist. My heart ached as her body became numb between my hands and her eyes flattered shut. I never thought that I will one day see Ella this helpless, this weak and fragile. I felt so helpless when I watched her now motionless body laying on the sofa. My heart ached for her and my brain stormed seeking a reason behind her blackout.

I might not love her but I grew used to her. I might not want her to be mine but I care for her. I tried for the last month to run from her memory but that wouldn't happen. I completed the dare alone and I was going to call her just to declare my triumph but I decided not to. I have Linda and I needed to distance myself from anything that screamed Ella. Linda threw tantrums at me sometimes saying that I became like a broken hearted lover but all that was needed to shut were rough kisses.

When I opened the door for Ella, I was shocked. I was waiting to see a healthy happy version of her especially that she eloped away from my criticism, my rudeness and anger. But I was met with lifeless eyes, a pale face and an aching body. She clearly lost some weight. But this loss didn't just affect her body but seemed to reach her soul. I hugged her for dear life as if I was seeking to be assured that she is okay. I asked and she denied. She treated me coldly and I couldn't blame her. The last time, we were together I yelled at her and targeted her with all my anger.

My body became numb as I sat on a chair next to her. I was looking at her as if for the very first time in my life and found my heart beat racing. I do care about her and I might even say I care a lot about her. I wanted those shinny dark of eyes to open, to look at me intensely and to kill me silently.

We waited for the doctor to reach our house and I lost all my nerves because he was late. Our parents were overcome with fright, shock and all. Our moms cried and our dads froze. I saw agony consume us all. Ella centrality in our lives was revealed at the moment; we all needed her and we all wished for her to wake up.

"Xander did anything happen to Ella these past few days?" my mum questioned

But I didn't know how to answer that. Guilt targeted my soul and feasted on it. I didn't ask about her at all since she left. I just believed that she will normally be happy away from me. But I guess that something wrong happened and she didn't find a shoulder to cry on. She suffered alone. But where the hell was Caden? And why didn't he call me and tell me that Ella is fading?

"Didn't you faint when you were on your first weeks of pregnancy?" Ella's dad questioned her mom as his eyes trailed to the weak motionless figure of his daughter.

Pregnant? But I didn't touch her. Caden! Now, even if I was numb my body raged with an angry fire. How could he? How could she? Did she really sleep with him and let him touch her in ways that he never should have? Did she love him to the point of giving him her soul and body, to the point of starting a family with him? I felt my body shake with rage as I pictured them, Ella and Caden sharing a house with Jenna and a new born baby. My instincts to kill grew wild and I saw red. Caden, will pay for this, for touching what is not his.