Chapter 7

Your POV

"Y/N, Stop!" Lauren exclaimed as I chased her around the pond splashing her.

"What's the magic word?" I smirked as I got closer to the now giggling girl.

"Please!" She continued giggling as I got closer splashing her a couple more times.

"Nope." I grinned and she quickly grabbed my wrists stopping me from splashing her anymore.

"Pretty please." She laughed holding my arms down underwater in front of me.

We were suddenly face to face. She looked up and met my gaze with a beautiful smile causing my breathing to hitch in my throat. She didn't move. She just stared back at me, her hands still around my wrists.

We were stood there for what felt like hours before I caught her look down at my lips, the way she did the night of their concert. I wanted more than anything to lean in and just close the gap, but I couldn't, she had to make the first move.

"Got you." She breathed her eyes still locked with mine.

"Sure do." I agreed. In more ways then she thought, she had me.

Suddenly she started to lean in, she was now just inches away from my face, her warm breath hitting my lips. I didn't dare to move. I was too nervous to do anything. The butterflies in my stomach were once again going crazy.

After what felt like an eternity, I couldn't take it anymore. I leaned in slowly and closed the gap. She seemed surprised at first but her lips slowly started moving against mine.

I've never felt anything like it in my life. It made me feel like I was on top of the world. The way it made my heart flutter, calmed my nerves and just made me forget there was anything beside just the two of us.

I felt her hands tangle in my hair as my own made their way down to her hips pulling her closer as she deepened the kiss, tugging on my bottom lip for a second.

Suddenly she pulled away and left me in some kind of trance. I opened my eyes and she had turned away from me running a hand through her dark hair.

The next couple minutes were the longest of my entire life. There was a awkward silence along with the sound of the river. She didn't move she just stayed facing away from me and I didn't know what to do.

"I..." She started as she turned around to look at me.

I could see a mix of emotions in her beautiful green eyes causing my heart to stop as she continued to look at me. Her gaze made me feel like I was on fire with how intense it was.

"Y/N...." She started again this time moving closer to me. I felt my heart shatter at the tone of her voice. I knew what it meant.

"It's okay Lauren." I nodded, I knew what she was about to say. I've heard it before. "I shouldn't have done that." I said running a hand through my own hair.

"I just..." What ever she was about to say she couldn't get out. She was lost for words as she continued staring at me.

"Let's just back to the beach." I sighed moving to get out of the water.

I walked up over a long hill and found my clothes and phone. I pulled on my shorts and then threw my shirt over my head. I looked over to see Lauren was doing the same.

"Y/N?" Lauren questioned grabbing hold of my hand.

"It's okay Lauren." I said. "We should just really be getting back."

She nodded and walked ahead of me down the trail toward the beach. There was an awkward silence between us but I could tell Lauren wanted to say something.