Chapter Five

(Thank you all for the votes and comments! I'm so glad you're liking the story! (: -Leina) 

*Edited 05/01/2018

Nina's POV

Thoughts raced through my head at a fierce speed. I couldn't get a handle on them nor my emotions. The anger that coursed through every fiber of my body began to seep into my features; and yet, I laughed.

The mess I had been dropped into was not a coincidence.

This was planned.

I could just imagine the Moon Goddess laughing as she watched Jaxon and I. She no doubt cooked up this whole scheme as a form of entertainment for herself and the other Gods and Goddesses to watch.

Alpha Jaxon Knight was certifiably the most sought after male werewolf amongst the female werewolf population. He had the utmost respect from all other Alphas in the country. It wasn't because he used intimidation to demand respect like many other Alphas did; oh no, that wasn't how thee Jaxon Knight ruled. He was a just leader, always fair and respectable towards everyone.

His way of leading his pack was unlike other Alphas. They often used their power to intimidate their pack members thereby gaining 'respect' from them. Jaxon knew that that wasn't really respect when it simply came down to it. It wasn't because he couldn't intimidate other werewolves, he could very well intimidate whomever he wanted, his size and air around him screamed power. However, everyone who has interacted with him says he has an easy going personality.

Contrary to what some might believe, the gentle nature of his ways doesn't encourage others to think he's soft. His pack, the Red Forest Pack ranks in the top five strongest packs in the world. Their warriors are skilled fighters with a unique training program; yet, their warriors weren't the only pack members who went through training. Every pack member at the age of 14 begins the program, but even the younger pack members learn vital survival tactics that are extremely useful during emergency situations. Jaxon trains all of his pack members to fight so they can defend themselves and each other. He doesn't believe in allowing his pack members to be vulnerable if they are ever put into a situation where they need to protect themselves or anyone else.

It was funny how the Moon Goddess paired us together.

Funny in an ironic kind of way. I had to be the only female werewolf who wouldn't swoon over him. I wasn't giddy with joy over the fact that Jaxon Knight was my mate.

No, instead I was pissed.

In order for a pack to be successful they needed to be up to date on everything that was going on in the world around them. That was a hard task to accomplish when your pack supposedly doesn't exist. The Silver Moon Pack, my pack is one the rest of the world believes is a myth, so it's difficult to be up to date on everything that was happening outside of our territory.

We have been able to manage even with the obvious obstacles. With each new member of our growing pack it became a little easier, but some don't know very much about other packs because their mates kept them in dark. In conjunction with the entell we receive from the new pack members, each journey I made around the country I keep my ears open for new gossip. That was easy to do when you have been trained to hide your scent. Eavesdropping was easier when other werewolves don't know you're around.

I was well update on all things having to do with Jaxon Knight. Which was why I was pissed about being paired with him. At the ripe old age of twenty-seven he has accomplished a lot during his six years of leading his pack. It wasn't uncommon for Alpha's to take over on their twenty-first birthday, most however already had their mates at their side when they took over the pack. Jaxon clearly didn't. That didn't hinder in his ability to become a successful Alpha though.