Chapter Seven

🔺Travis's gift to Dani 

🔺Winter Wonderland by Olivia Holt

*Travis*

  "I'm nervous," Mara said as we climbed into the truck.

  "Why are you nervous?" I asked.

  "The last Christmas I spent with her was when she was two," she mumbled. "And I just have a feeling something is going to ruin it too."

  "Everything will be fine," I said laying a hand on her leg. "Besides, you've talked nonstop about today for the last five days, you are not bailing out now."

  "Your right," she said and I glanced over to see a small smile. "Hey, what exactly did you get Dani, all you said is you found something you hope she will like."

  "You'll find out when she opens it," I chuckled pulling up to the house. "Come on, let's go celebrate the holiday."

  "MOMMY!" I heard Dani yell as soon as we walked in the door, "You came, Daddy and Mama said you would but I wasn't sure if you..."

  "Of course I came, sweetie." Mara said hugging her daughter, "Where's Mama and Daddy?"

 "In the kitchen," Dani said and looked up at me. "Come on I'll show you wear to put the gifts."

  "I'm going to speak with Kylie and Zane," Mara said before leaving me with Dani.

  "You like my Mommy," she stats and I look at her shocked.

  "No, we're friends?" I said but it came out as a question.

  "No, that's the way Daddy looked at Mama before they started dating," she shrugged.

  "Your a smart kid," I said and followed her to the living room.

  "I know," she said before sitting on the couch with a little boy.

  "Dani, Kyler it time to eat," Zane said coming to the doorway. "Travis, could you pause they're movie?"

  "Sure," I mumbled pausing the TV and followed them to the dining room.

*Mara*

  "I'm guessing you told him," I laughed when I walked into the kitchen and saw Zane's expression.

  "Yeah, he's been like this for the last five minutes," Kylie said putting food on the table.

  "Zane, you ok?" I asked waving my hand in front of his face, "Zane?"

  "I'm going to be a dad?" he asked looking at Kylie and she nodded.

  "YES! I"M GONNA BE A DAD AGAIN!" Zane yelled picking Kylie up spinning around.

  "Yes, now stop before I throw up," Kylie laughed and Zane stopped setting her down. "Go get the kids and I think I heard your parents cars just pull up." Zane just nodded and I headed to the front door. 

  "You ok?" I asked Travis after he sat down was introduced to everyone.

  "Yeah," he mumbled.

  "Mama," Kyler said after we all finished eating.

  "What is it, bebé[baby boy]?" Kylie asked picking him up.

  "Sing," he said looking up.

  "What do you want me to sing, then?" she laughed and headed to the living room. 

  "Christmas," he giggled.