Chapter Five

🔺The Cabin

*Mara*

  "Did you think I would let you get away with killing my family," he growled sliding his knife across my cheek. "I've been watching you and your pathetic boyfriend."

  "Leave my mommy alone," Dani yelled.

  "P-please, d-don't m-make her w-watch," I cried. "I-I'll do w-whate-ever y-you w-want."

  "MOMMY!" I heard Dani yell from across the room.

  "P-please," I whimper watching Jay walk over to her. "D-don't h-hurt her!"

  "You killed my family so I kill yours," he says and suddenly the door is burst open and I saw Travis.

  "TRAVIS!" I yelled and his eyes darted to me before he went after Jay.

  "Mara," I heard Danny yell and he ran towards me.

  "No," I yelled. "Get Dani. GET HER OUT OF HERE, NOW!" 

  He ran over to her and untied her from the chair and running out of the room. Suddenly there was a loud bang and Travis fell to the ground.

  "NO!" I yelled and Travis looked over at me and mouthed 'I Love You'

"Mara," someone said shaking me. "Mara, Mara...MARISSA!"

  "What? Ow...Shit." I asked sitting up fast and smacking my head on the dash board.

  "Are you ok?" Travis asked turning off the jeep, "You were talking in your sleep."

  "I'm fine," I mumbled rubbing my forehead. "Where are we?"

  "At the cabin," Travis shrugs and gets out of the vehicle.

  "Wow," I said following up to the cabin. "This is huge."

  "Yeah," Travis mumbled unlocking the door. "I built it with Joe[I changed the brothers name]"

  "How is he?" I asked remembering the crazy brown hair boy. "If you don't mind me asking."

  "Gone," he mumbled. "You can have the master bedroom, its the last door at the end of the hall."

  "Thanks," I said watching as he walked out the back door.

*Travis*

  "This was a bad idea," I mumbled to myself as I headed to the shed. "Why the hell would I bring her here, to the house I built off her ideas." Pull out my phone I called the only other person that knew about this house and why I built it.

"Hello?" he answered.

"I'm an idiot," I grumbled tossing wood into the wheelbarrow.

"I don't disagree with that," he chuckled. "But why are you an idiot?"

"I brought her to the cabin." I sighed leaning against the wall.

"Brought who to the cabin?" he asked confused.

"Mara,"

"What...When did you...Where did you...How did you...Why is she..." he kept saying.

"I'm helping her out." I groaned, "I brought her to the cabin and now all I can think about is how she designed it."

"Ok," he mumbled. "Why are you helping her?"

"Some guy is trying to kill her," I said looking up at the cabin seeing Mara in the window.

"Man, that's harsh," he said after I explained what I knew. "If you need help give me a call, its been awhile since I shot anyone."

"I will," I chuckled. "Talk to you later."

"But Travis, give her a chance since you now know why she left." he said before hanging up.

"I'll try," I mumbled and started taking the load of wood up to the house.

  "Hey, I thought you had left." Mara said as I walked into the kitchen. "Want some coffee?"

  "I'll take a cup," I said. "I was just bringing in some wood. Its supposed to get cold tonight."

  "Yeah," she smiled handing me a cup. "I think its going to snow too. Maybe we'll get a white Christmas."

  "Maybe," I chuckled. "I'll bring in some more wood tomorrow."

  "Hey, do you remember that one year we got snowed in?" She asked suddenly.

  "Yeah, that was fun," I laughed. "For the first day."

  "I know," she laughed. "We were stuck in the cabin for three days."

  "I'm going to shower," she smiles. "I just wanted to thank you again." I just smiled and looked out the window.