Clearing My Head

After seeing that I had to leave or else I would have done something I know I would regret. I've been driving for about twenty minutes not knowing where my destination is. But all I can think about is her. The way she walks, talks, the way she says my name, the way she just doesn't care about anything. She is literally everything I'm looking for. But she is my stepdaughter. "Why is life so unfair?" I said to no one in particular. I looked at my phone and decided it was time to go back. I walked up the steps preparing myself for what was about to happen. I called out her name and got no answer. So I walked up the stairs and made my way to her room. We can't avoid what just happened. I knocked on her door and heard a faint "Come in." " Okay what was that all about?" I finally asked her after just standing in the doorway. She didn't answer me she just looked down at her hands and twittled her thumbs. So I asked her again. After about five minutes of complete silence I walked to her bed and stood right in front of her. I stooped down until we were face to face "We have to talk about this." I finally said because I could see I wasnt going to get her to talk. "We don't have to talk about it. We can just pretend like it didn't happen." She said barely above a whisper. Still refusing to look at me. "Yes. We do. No matter how much I wish we didnt , we have to talk about this." I guess I hit a nerve but she jumped up "NO WE DON'T HAVE TO TALK ABOUT THIS. IT'S DONE. YOU HAVE MY MOM. YOU DON'T NEED THE FACT THAT I LIKE YOU ON YOUR SHOULDERS. JUST FORGET THAT ANYTHING EVER HAPP-" I cut her off by doing the one thing I've wanted to do for a good month. I kissed her. And to my suprise she kissed me back. There was so much emotion behind the kiss that I had only felt with one other person in my life. We made our way back to her bed and she laid on her back. Me hovering over her without breaking the kiss. I started to take off her top when we heard the door downstairs close.