¢нαρтєя 29

Unedited

¢σρуяιgнт © 2015 Margareth Valley
All Rights Reserved

Hello from the outside,
At least I can say that I've tried to tell you,
I'm sorry, for breaking your heart.
But it don't matter, it clearly doesn't tear you apart anymore.

-Adele "Hello"

¢нαρтєя 29

Aiden drags me to his abandoned cabin isolated by nature, and stops right at the front. He let's go of his hold on me and twists the doorknob opening the wooden creaking door, and peers inside first.

"Aiden, what are we doing here?" I ask, softly.

Aiden gives me a low grunt, before slamming the door wide open, and gestures me to go in first.

I make no move and stayed planted on the floor, "Aiden, I'm not going in until you explain why you dragged me away from our pleasant dinner at Madeline's." I said, my eyes narrowing down upon him.

He sighs, "Just what I said earlier, I'm telling-- no showing, the truth. "

I realize that he wouldn't be teling me anything anymore, unless I'd take a small peak into he the shed.

I cried out in fear on seeing what was on the inside of the shed. Skinned animals, cringing I begin to step away. I feel Aiden's reassuring hold on the small of my back, "it's okay, Leah, the monsters can't hurt you."

I shook my head, refusing to be anywhere near the carcass.

"Leah, I'm trying to show you I can be trusted. I'm saving mankind by ridding the world of these beasts." He says, caressing the side of my cheek.

I fearfully stared at the hanging skin of wolf, momentarily glancing at the spec of blood dotting the floors. I gagged as stench begins spreading towards us. "Aiden, this is wrong." I cry, beginning to back away.

He holds me in place, "I'm not letting those monsters kill people, like they did my mom."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "W-what happened to her?" I stuttered, keeping my sights on the skinned animals hung on the walls.

Aiden shoves me in, following behind, before pointing straight at the ferocious skin of a black wolf, which reminded me painfully of Avan.

"Those monsters, are what happened to my mother."

VVV

Avan didn't understand why he harboured such strong feelings for Leah, a human.

But he did, and it was too late to turn back now.

He sat, in wolf form, watching Leah's apartment building near the foot of the forest. He made sure to hide whenever a wondering human came nearby.

She hadn't come out yet.

Avan was more then worried, but did he have a right to worry? He didn't know, would she be safer without him in her life?

You have to be selfish.

For an unknown reason Calvin's voice kept playing over and over again. Avan found it annoying how his little brother was right.

He cursed mentally, waiting.

Avan didn't know where Leah was, and without Leah, Avan couldn't be selfish.

*

Jesse and Jake snickered at their own inside joke, as Jason typed away on his computer.

"Guys, Tyson clearly gave us orders to watch--..." Jason starts, irritated, before Jesse nudged him.

"Oh relax, it's not like Leah's going to be kidnapped or something." Jesse says, Jake chuckling.

Jason sighs thinking how he could ever be related to them. A beep on his computer alarms all three of them.

Both Jake and Jesse peered over the hunched Jason. "Leah left with a man." Jesse mutters, glancing at the footage.

Jason readies himself to notify Tyson, however Jake stops him. "Tyson's probably busy, like he is this time of year."

"We should take care of it ourselves." Jesse pipes in.

Jason looked at his two idiotic brothers, "That's crazy!"

Jesse tuts at Jason his responsible younger brother by a couple of minutes. "We've been called worse."

VVV

My heart pounded, as the sweat accumulated in the palm of my hand. Aiden sat across from me, a focused face looking intently at a picture.

I nervously scan through the surroundings of Aiden's home. It resembled much of a dusted old cabin.

Monster.

Aiden called them monsters.

Were they? Yes, probably. But they weren't evil, I think.

"Please marry me, Leah. I'll keep you safe from those monsters." He begged.

I look away.

He sighed, "it's not like you have a choice anyways."

My gaze flips back to Aiden's, "I don't?" I questioned.

He guiltily stares at me, "Leah, he knows."

My breathing accelerates.

"He knows you've associated with them."

VVV

He smelt her. Avan caught Leah's scent, his tongue lolled out breathlessly.

Avan needed to tell her, the truth, mates, Peter.

Everything.

His form approached a lodge, isolated by trees. His angel couldn't possibly be in there, but the scent doesn't lie.

Avan tucked low into the ground, peering over the bush in front of his vision. His snout twitched as he made out three familiar scents approaching the lodge, and him as well.

* * * * *
I apologize for making a ton of covers lately, I'm trying to experiment :).

My Goals:

129 Votes
14 Comments

Love,
Margareth