¢нαρтєя 26

Unedited

¢σρуяιgнт © 2015 Margareth Valley
All Rights Reserved

"Margo was not a miracle. She was not an adventure. She was not a fine and precious thing. She was a girl."

-John Greene, "Paper Towns"

¢нαρтєя 26

Fury.

Absolute anger crosses me, never had I felt this before. But it seemed like whenever I was around Avan I was learning something new about myself.

I don't like this.

"You're crazy! You somehow managed to make me actually believe you can turn into dogs!" I snapped with so much ferocity it surprised. I scoffed, maybe if I pretended it would all just disappear.

Maybe if I tried harder I would be able to go back to Aiden and return to my normal life.

"But you believed it anyway!" He grunts, before just breathing calmly.

I don't reply, knowing what he said was true.

Avan stares at me, I see for a brief moment a flicker passes his eyes, "You want to go? Then go, get out of here." He looked agitated, confused, and hurt.

But so did I.

I felt like a-- a whore.

A slut.

I had Aiden so why did I crave Avan?

It was wrong.

I clenched my teeth, and held my head up high, a combination of pride and pity surges in me. "Goodbye." The words tasted stale as they flew passed my lips.

And with that I marched outside.

Now, how was I going to get home?

VVV

The whole house probably heard the argument, and so did the frustrated Cole laying on his bed.

His eyes shut closed, why was he alive again?

He then proceeds to gently open his eyes, the harsh lights burning a tad bit. His eyes glazes over to the pills next to him.

I could go for one or perhaps even two.

*

Calvin frowns at the top of the staircase seeing a frustrated Avan kneel next to the couch, his whole body curled into a fetal position.

"I heard you guys..." Calvin trails, Avan doesn't answer however, probably too grief stricken to do so.

Calvin quietly moves down to stairs, "You should go to her, I mean if you really liked her."

"I'm not good for her." Avan murmured, in a fetal position on the couch.

"If you loved her, you shouldn't care. People say in love, you should be selfless. That's wrong. The way I see it-- in love selfishness will either help you grow stronger together, or tear you apart. Selflessness will get you no where but a good friendship going." Calvin says, resting his elbows on the couch his hands supporting his head.

"And that's love, destructive shit. With love, you have no other choice but to take a risk." As soon as Calvin had arrived, he'd disappeared as quick.

If not, faster.

Avan glances up, stressed to the maximum.

What should I do?

Heavy footsteps pounded, as Avan narrows his eyes on his elder brother his car keys clutched to his palms.

Tyson warily stares at Avan, "I'm going out." He mutters, and with that Tyson awkwardly crosses the living space leaving the house.

VVV

I shivered unwillingly, cold. I hate the woods. I jumped as I heard a deadly hoot from an owl.

I release a breath, the breath turning into fog from the freezing temperatures. Soon, I'd arrive home.

Back to Aiden.

I snuggled my arms deeper into my body, trying to warm up. I trail alongside the lone road, in the dead of night.

A bright light lit the road up, as it came from the direction of the Costarelli property. I squint my eyes craning my head. Who was that?

Secretly I hoped it was Avan.

But I don't at the same time.

The car stops by me, the tinted window rolls down and a head tilts out.

How am I not surprised?

"What do you want Italian freak." I snapped.

"I prefer culture embracing hippie, but whatever." Tyson replies flatly.

"Well what do you want?" I asked, walking further away.

The car follows me, Tyson's head tilted strangely out the window yet still inside the car. "I want to know why your walking, and why Avan looks like absolute shit." He yells after me.

I don't reply, not knowing what to say.

I hear a loud sigh, "get in, God knows humans can't walk that far in the cold "

I glare at the road ahead of me, still ignoring him. My footsteps getting slower, suddenly I felt tired. I stop, and turn to the car.

What do I have to lose?
*
*
*
I step away from the expensive car of Tyson's. "Thanks for the ride." I thanked him.

He doesn't smile, "My brother really likes you."

I clench my jaw together, "goodnight."

Turning away I head for the apartment building. I don't hear anything else from Tyson, yet I feel the deep stares on my back.

Did I do something wrong?

Because it feels like I just did.

VVV

Aiden reached for his phone, staring at his girlfriend's phone number. He was too eager to call her, and to pop the question.

Will you marry me?

Four simple words, but it felt weird. It didn't feel right, and Aiden didn't know why. He dreaded the curious questions Leah would ask him, but he knew if he would just explain-- she'd understand.

He plays with the phone, confused for the briefest moment.

Did he really like Leah?

Aiden stops for a moment tossing the damned phone back on his bed.

No, Aiden didn't like her.

He loved her.

* * * * *
So. Much. Comments. About. Leah's. Desperate. Personality. Pissing. Me. Off.

:) Haha, sorry, just extremely agitated, I swear-- one day I'll make a character so bratty, needy, and outright bitchy just for hell of it.

Three different covers ^^^ which is best? The very last made by @-kalopsia ! :)

My Goals:

130 Votes
15 Comments

Love,
Margareth Valley