Chapter 4

Hello :)

I'm wondering what ya'll's thoughts are on this story so far!! I've gotten a few comments, but I'd love to hear what you're really thinking as you're reading along.

Thanks!

Dani :)

*****

Katy's POV

The next morning when I woke up, my first thought was "Oh crap! I'm gonna be late for school!" 

But then I remembered I wasn't going to school. I was going to buy a wedding dress. Wedding dress? Really. I didn't have a clue what I wanted. No earthly idea. When I had said yes to Jordan's proposal, I wasn't thinking straight. As in, I didn't realize there was going to be an actual wedding. Crazy me.

I wasn't sure what to wear dress shopping. I peered into my closet at the disarray of clothes.

Good lord. I have got to clean this place up.  

I decided to wear something cute, but casual. I picked out a black knit dress that reached me knees, and a baby blue mini-sweater to go over it. I grabbed a pair of black flats, and went to the bathroom to take a shower and get ready.

Once I was ready, I went to the kitchen to find something for breakfast. I found my mom passed out on the couch, probably from whatever partying she had done last night. Carter wasn't anywhere in sight, so I figured he must have been in his room. My dad, of course, was away on business, or whatever it was he spent all of his time doing.

I ate, then left to go to the Hall's house. 

*****

After a few hours of searching the stores in Whitesville and some surrounding areas, I finally found a dress that I liked, and that Mrs. Hall completely approved of. It was a satin gown with a daring V-neck and was a halter top. Around the waist, it flared into the ball-gown style. When I said I liked it, that was an understatement....I LOVED my dress.

We decided on some strappy silver sandals with rhinestones encrusting the straps. They were heels, but not so ridiculously high that I would break my neck walking down the aisle, but high enough to be considered heels. If I had to guess, I'd probably say that they were around two inches. I loved them, too.

Mrs. Hall insisted on paying for everything. I tried to protest. As much as I hated to give up my savings, I didn't want to give Jordan's mom the impression that I was low-class and all that jive. Besides, if Jordan and I were going to pull this off, everything needed to be perfect. So I gave in.

The cashier swiped the credit card and placed my shoes in a bag. "Have a nice day!" she chirped, in that fake-happy voice that some cashiers use.

"You too," I said. I was holding the bag with the shoes and the dress was going to be shipped to the Hall's house.