Pt.26

"Maddie turn your alarm off" I hear Paige groan next to me. "It's right next to you" I tell her but seeing as she doesn't move I climb over next to her and turn it off I look at the time that marked 4:30.

I look over and see a very sleepy ice and nika and kk on the couch which thankfully they didn't wake. I sit up on the bed and get pulled down. "Paige I have to go get ready" "sleep in a little more"

"I'm going to be behind no thank you" I say getting up and get the outfit attire Geno requested which were khaki pants and UConn merch. But obviously to my own I chose to wear baggy khaki cargos and a navy tshirt with a small uconn wbb logo on the chest and 5, Bueckers in the back.

I go into the restroom and take advantage of no one else occupying it to shower, do my morning routine. I hear a knock on the door "Maddie I want to shower" I hear Nika's whisper. I go over and open the door.

"What time is it?" I ask "like five you didn't take too long in the shower" "yeah I didn't want to wake you guys up let me just get my stuff and I'll be out" I say pointing to my makeup. "you can stay let me just get in I'll leave the door open" she says "no it's fine I'll go out you also shower with scorching hot water you'll fog up the mirror" I laugh.

"Okay that was once and it was freezing in your apartment" she laughs trying to defend herself. "Paige left by the way" as I head to the small desk the resort has and place up my mirror.

"Fuck it's too early" i hear ice wake up "morning sleepy head" I giggle seeing as she's groggy from barely waking up. "Kk wake up we have to get ready" ice says throwing the pillow to kk.

"Where'd Paige go?" She asks "she left" I shrug. "Yeah I gotta go get ready then" she groans making her way to the room connected to ours. I get my iPad and start watching satc while doing my makeup which only consisted of eyebrow gel, mascara and blush since it was hot out.

I hear a knock on the door "should I open it?" Kk asks "girl you've been awake this whole time" I laugh "I couldn't go back to sleep" "could you please" I say brushing my hair.

She heads to the door to open it which makes me turn I see Paige walking in with damp hair and a similar outfit to mine except with the team tracksuit. "I'm going to go get ready" kk says leaving to her own room.

"Morning" I smile to her as she makes her way to stand behind me. "I like your shirt" she smiles I stand up "Do the pants look okay?" I ask "Geno gave me a dress code" I add.

She puts her hands on my waist "I think you look perfect" she smiles I laugh "okay but I asked about the outfit" "oh yeah that too I think you could wear anything and make it look good though so I might be biased" she shrugs. I wrap my hands around her neck and let out a laugh. "You flatter me too much"

"Fulfilling my duties" she shrugs "what duties?" I laugh. "As the girl who likes you i obviously have to give you all the compliments" "the Paige Bueckers crushing on me?" She laughs "of course" she says leaning closer. I lean in breaking the space pressing my lips onto hers.

She takes steps back while keeping her hands around me causing us to lay on the bed. I pull away and hover over her leaning back down to peck her lips. "You're distracting me I have to finish getting ready" I say before she pulls me back down to kiss me.

"Get a room" Nika says startling both of us I quickly make my way back to getting ready. "You have to stop distracting me" I say pointing back to Paige"

"Stop distracting my girlfriend" Nika says repeating my actions which makes us laugh. "You mean my girl?" Paige questions "she ain't your girl she's mine" Nika says coming over to kiss my cheek. "You could never" Nika sings.

———

We had finally made our way to the lobby where Geno asked to meet. "First and foremost happy thanksgiving ladies more importantly happy first game day at the caymans" he smiles making all the girls applaud around him.

I get my camera out and start taking pictures of them huddled up. "Okay so first up we're having breakfast here before we leave load up the bus at seven sharp get there by seven thirty and we start practice there will also probably media before and after pulling you out you know what to do answer professionally" he says

"And only what you're asked about" I add "yes no commentary on other teams and if you do make it positive. We have the gym from nine to eleven from there you are free to go around here we'll meet back for warmup at three for your game and you all better be back on time for that because there are teams playing after you girls"

"Any questions?" He asks after no sirs from all around we all go ahead and serve ourselves breakfast. "Can I sit here?" Ashlynn asks "of course go ahead" I smile up towards her.

"Sooo how are you liking the warm weather?" I ask "I'm in love and so glad we get back to back warm weather since after finals we're off to Texas" I nod "only two days back on campus and we're off or I'm off"

"Are you excited to see your people" she smiles "thrilled to go back home and have some good food cooking being in my home with my pets so super excited"......