Part 11

Nika and I had made our way to the training center where we see both the men's basketball and the cheer team which was strange.

"I didn't know the cheer team came to practice?" I ask Nika "yeah they do just to practice their routine kinda like a simulation to know their space between court and sidelines" Nika informs me.

We make our way into the rooms also filled with cheerleaders and the girls. I take a seat on the couch outside the actual locker room while Nika goes to change. "Hey boo" kk says coming up to me "hi bae how was your day?" I ask as she sits next to me. "Mines was good just full of classes how about you?"

"It was okay not the best but not the worst" I shrug "mm Paige?" She asks I nod "is it that easy?" "No but she's in there talking to Isabella so I mean" she shrugs as if it is such an easy concept to grasp.

"What are they talking about?" I ask "I have no idea" she shrugs. "Let's film a video" she says standing up smiling "fine" I laugh rolling my eyes playfully. After one she decides to keep on finding more to film.

I sit down while she analyses every one of her videos to decide if she wants to redo it. "Madeline" I hear a familiar coach yell I turn all ways before finding Geno at the doors of the locker room. I make my way over "tell those girls to hurry up if not they'll have to stay overtime" I nod going into the locker room.

"Girls coach said to hurry up y'all are on the clock" I yell followed by a wave of groans. I turn to find a pair of familiar blue eyes looking at me and she immediately turns away. The other blonde right at her side giggling which makes my stomach go in knots. I make my way over to nika. "Is she like trying to make me mad or what?" I genuinely ask.

"Duh she's trying to make you feel what she felt" Nika laughs "that's so childish and hurtful" I say sitting on her seat. "It is just let her just try to be nonchalant" "mmm I don't think I can" "sure you can let's go" she says taking my hand to leave into the main court.

I go walk and take a seat next to coach Geno while he watches the trainers put everyone in groups. "How was your day coach?" "It was good madeline how were your classes" "they were good they're starting to get repetitive which is good" "how so?" He asks semi intrigued "um I feel like I get more comfortable doing work you know I know what's expected of me and I know what sort of content class will consist of" I explain.

"Right that's true I'm glad classes are going well, are you excited for the road?" He asks "sure" "that does not sound so enthusiastic" he laughs "well its as I just said I don't know what to expect" I shrug "well classes will be online majority, lots of filming and content you'll produce which by the way I've seen such good reactions" he says.

"Really I'm glad I don't really check up on comments more on engagement and the internet is loving the girls" "of course who wouldn't love them they're a bunch of sweet hearts who don't know how to listen so let me head out there and give them pointers real quick" he stands up right besides the bench as if that will get him a better view.

"Girls come here" he yells making me raise my eyebrows. "What's going on out there?" He asks "Paige isn't passing the ball" Aaliyah says straightforwardly causing Paige to look at her. "Sorry it's true" she shrugs "Paige?" Coach asks. "I'm sorry I'm just not feeling too hot today" "on the bench then" he directs next to me.

"You girls come here and let me split you guys between the guys" he says walking to the boys coach and they all follow. Paige takes Genos empty seat next to me.

"What's wrong?" I ask not really wanting to assume it was because of earlier events she scoffs and laughs. "What's wrong...? You went to ask for someone else's number that's what's wrong" I groan "obviously didn't get it idiot" "heyyy" "sorry" I murmur "besides you were talking to blondie over there" "because I was mad" she defends.