Pt.21

"It's cold out I can't wear a dress "think about about how good you'll look though trust me now cmon so you can take pictures too" she says pushing the shorts into my hands.

"It is nearing the end of November in Connecticut and you want me to wear a dress" "you'll wear boots too, and a coat that basically equals warm and you'll only be outside for like two seconds" she smiles laying on my bed.

I groan before doing exactly what Nika wanted which was change into the outfit she had planned for Paige and I's date.

——————

After taking pictures and lots of talk about quite literally everything that came into mind between nika and I we finally hear Paige at the door. "Should I get it?" Nika asks "hmm I think so maybe I should pretend I haven't been ready for like an hour?" We both laugh out and she goes off to open the door.

I grab my handbag and throw in some powder, my lip combo, camera, perfume and my card in before heading into the living room where I see kk and Nika hugging.

"Oh doesn't she just look so good we color coordinated" kk squeals high fiving nika. I look over to the island and see a very good looking Paige also dressed in black but she was in a black essentials crew neck and black cargos. "Hi y'all" I say making my way over to her.

"You look really beautiful" Paige says "you beat me to it I was about to tell you the same thing" I smile. "Should we get a picture of you two" Nika asks "oh my boo you're doing too much we have to get them to dinner Paige here is running behind schedule" kk says tapping her arm.

I laugh at their chaotic composure "in fact she is what took you so long p?" I ask putting my arm around her shoulder and she snakes her arm around my waist. "Takes time to look this good" "it does not you look good anytime of day no matter what" I tell her.

——————

"Okay so here you are my ladies kk and I will get going" Nika says as she's parked. "Y'all behave now no foolishness" kk turns to point to Paige and I we all burst out laughing.

"Okay we'll see y'all later" Paige says opening the door. "Bye girly pops" I say hopping off the car. "Ready" page asks holding my hand I nod. "Hope you don't mind Italian" "Marcella's is great"

"Have you had it before?" She asks "my ex lovers took me there" I joke which i instantly regret by the looks of her facial expressions "I'm kidding I came once whenever my parents and I came to do a campus tour" I tell her

"You guys drove 40 minutes for food from campus?" She laughs "it's on the way to the airport" I shrug.

"Imagine if we would've met your freshman year" she says making me laugh. "We would have not been friends" i say opening the door to the restaurant. "I think we would've" she shrugs "definitely not"

"Hi welcome to Marcella's do you girls have a reservation tonight?" The hostess asks "yes under Bueckers" Paige tells her and she looks down at her notepad the hostess smiles "great follow me" she says leading us to our booth.

"Here's your menus you girls enjoy" she smiles and walks off. "What should we start with?" She asks "Paige we never finish appetizers" "we finished them at the restaurant I took the team to in Minnesota" she defends.

"We were with the whole team" I laugh. "Hello ladies I'm Kailee can I get you girls started with some drinks?" She asks Paige looks over at me "just a glass of water please" I say as I go back to scroll through the menu. "Water and a Shirley temple can I get you started with any appetizers?"