Chapter 31

LEE KNOW POV

LEE KNOW POV

Some might've thought it was dumb of us to repack for a quick two-day trip back to the place we'd just been...

But if Han's number one goal was to sleep on the beach then we would sleep on the beach. I'd have made any bucket list items come true for him though. If his goal had been to jump out of a plane, I would've faced my fear of falling, just to be by his side. If his goal had been to climb Mt. Everest, I would've slung him on my back and hiked all the way up as high as we could go until we reached the stars.

Last night Han had gotten to eat his first falafel and hadn't liked it.

"At least I won't be missing out on more of that if I die," he'd joked as he spat up the rest of his bite.

We all laughed uncomfortably, but I knew Han was trying to get us used to the idea of his death. He didn't want it to be a surprise. Still, after he'd gone to bed I tried calling the doctor again. On our way back home from the beach, I was going to try to get Han to take a short trip into Boston with me to see if the oncologist was at the hospital to do a quick scan. One doctor's opinion shouldn't determine his future.

Han slumped against my shoulder and snored away. He looked so cute in his loose blue sweater and baggy jeans. There was an imprint on his cheek from my shirt sleeve because of how long he'd been lying there. I kissed his forehead and looked out the window.

We were nearing Boston and I'd ordered a car to take us to Provincetown from there. I looked across the aisle and saw Hyunjin and Felix were also both passed out. I slapped Hyunjin's hand where it rested on the armrest, and he jolted awake and looked around in a daze.

"We're almost there," I told him.

"Oh, okay," he yawned and turned to wake up Felix.

I shook Han's shoulder gently, and his eyes blinked open.

"Hey, we're almost to Boston," I whispered.

He stretched and yawned and settled back against my shoulder until the intercom let us know it was the next stop. We collected our things and departed the train without much hassle.

I had both Han and I's bags and turned to ready for his hand but he was staring down the platform. I turned to look and saw his parents. They were jovially boarding the train to head up to New Hampshire.

His face looked so sunken and sad at the sight of them and it broke my heart into pieces to see him so devastated and torn up over the two most selfish people on the planet.