Part 28

- Maria -

'Mateo! What the fuck!' I yelled over the top of his rambling.

'Whattt..I mean now that you are officalll..I'm just saying about time you..' he did a little thrusting motion that made me want to throw up. 'You know..'

'God Mateo you're not 13, stop being a weirdo, you can say sex.' I narrowed my eyes at him. I am so regretting saying girlfriends in front of Sasha. She's such a blabber mouth.

'Look, I'm a virtue to you, Ri Ri.' He grinned, which made me roll my eyes. I turned back to my vanity, touching up my lashes. Why did an eyelash curler never hold these things..

'I'm babysitting, as always..' he faded off and did a dramatic sigh which again, made me roll my eyes. 'Don't be dramatic, Matt, you love her.' I sighed, standing up and he got up from my bed, following me to the kitchen.

'Lili honey.' I chirped up before he could get in another word and my little girl picked up her head from her drawing she was doing. 'I'm going now.' I smiled softly and walked over, arms outstretched.

She hugged onto me tightly and I looked at her drawing over her shoulder. 'Baby that's beautiful!' I said with heavy enthusiasm. It was gorgeous though. For her age anyway.

'Thank you mama..' she grinned widely at me, which caused me to mirror her expression.

'I love you.' I kissed my hand and gently placed it on her forehead, which made her giggle. 'I love you too mama!' She mimicked me, kissing her own hand. I leant down so she could put it on my head and she was very pleased when she could do so.

'Thanks for taking care of her Matt, remember bed time-' he cut me off. '-is at 8, no later, I know Ri Ri.' I chuckled and smiled at him. 'Now go get your boo!' He yelled and urged me out the door very quickly, slamming it behind me.

I shook my head and headed for my car. The air was quite crisp now, sent a chill down my spine. I shouldn't have wore a short, thin dress. But this was flattering on me, and I wanted to..impress..my. My girlfriend. God that's so good to say.

                                    - Lydia -

I fixed my lipstick for about the 15th time in the mirror. My favourite blonde behind me, observing it too. I told her to ensure it was perfect. It all needed to be perfect. For her.

I did the final stroke and looked over to Meredith in the mirror for approval. She did a little thumbs up in the mirror to me that made me smile. She was so stupid sometimes, but I loved her so much. We had been friends for years. She had helped me through everything. I owed everything to her.

I put my lipstick in my handbag and I leant down when Seb pushed his wet nose through the slit in my dress. 'Oh hey big boy.' I put on my baby voice with a grin as I patted his head. Seeing his tail wag was one of my favourite parts of the day.

'Sooo..' I heard from above me and looked up to see Meredith grinning. She extended her hand and I got up with help from it with a sigh. 'Are you excited? First proper date!' She squealed and jumped up and down like a little school girl.

'More nervous..' I sighed gently and she shook her head. 'Nervous? Lydia, she loves you. She really does. You don't need to be nervous.' I chuckled at her, shaking my head. 'I'm pretty sure you could embarrass yourself and she would still love you.' She shrugged.

'I guess.' I sighed, shuffling through to my kitchen where Meredith already was, getting out two shot glasses. She took my whiskey off of the shelf and poured some into each glass. 'Liquid courage.' She spoke simply and I sighed, giving in.