Chapter 9: The Great Plan

Silence.

There was absolute silence in the living room. With Y/N still standing there, facing the Smilling Critters sitting on the couch. Pensive faces, confused faces, scared faces.

But there was no emotion that dominated the room like confusion.

"I...No. We will go back to the factory and get your real bodies "

What did the Smiling Critters think? Why do they think it? Do they think at all? Do they even want their real bodies? Weren't they already used to this Critter life? Do they even want to go back to that hell? Why does Y/N say that? He's already made their lives a living hell.

Y/N slowly turns to the side and walks in the direction of the corridor, but before he does he says something.

"You still have a little time to think about it, but-

"Hey..."

Y/N was interrupted, he knew that Kickin would do just that. He looks out of the corner of his eye at the seemingly pissed off Yellow Chicken, who was sitting on the couch with his legs apart.

"YOU'RE KIDDING US, AREN'T YOU?"

Kickin yelled, Y/N was sure the neighbors would hear.

"Kickin stay calm-

"STAY CALM? first it's called he made to this here!" Kickin ran his paws all over his feathers. His feathers were clean and literally glowed under the light. Y/N didn't pay attention to his obvious gesture, but rather to his face. Kickin wasn't mad, Y/N saw through him like anything, even the yelling was an act, It was to fake his fear of the body from Playtime Co.

"Kickin is right"

It was Hoppy, who else.

"Hoppy...What are you talking about? He made us a home here and gave us shelter!"

DogDay tried to defend Y/N somehow. But no matter how you look at it, in an overall ratio Y/N still falls into the bad. He had made the poor little children of Playcare here too...To these experiments.

Y/N wasn't talking, he was still standing at the doorway, letting his eyes wander around the living room.

They were no longer all sitting on the couch. DogDay stood in front of Kickin and Hoppy while he argued furiously with them, saying things like "We can trust him now!" or "You can see it! He's changed!". Y/N stared there for a quarter of a millisecond at most, his internal clock ticking, he needed to see the big picture. He needed an omnipotent perspective of the situation.

Kickin and Hoppy flapped their arms in front of them like little petulant children who don't want to listen to their parents. Bobby sat next to them, just watching the whole situation and looking a little nervous. If DogDay, the leader of their group, really stood up for Y/N like that, it must mean something. That was exactly how Bubba saw it, not only looking at the situation, but even taking notes. But there was nothing about Kickin or Hoppy. He only wrote down two words, which he often went over with his pen to mark as particularly important:

Real bodies?

Picky looked over at Bubba's sheet as she occasionally pulled her head back to bite into the slice of pizza in her left hand. Her ears fluttered a little with every loud word Kickin said, while at the same time she always raised her right arm a little and twitched. Next to her was Crafty. All the time she was nervously grasping her mane with one hand and a few crayons with the other. She chewed the air lightly with her teeth, she can't stand it when people from the group argue, and then in this situation too. CatNap watched everything from his place on the edge of the couch. His pupils slowly became more and more slit-like, as if he was about to attack.