Chapter 4: Talk With The Boss

Y/N Pov:

Normally a conversation with your boss is not a good thing, you've screwed up or you get fired for Saving money. With Elliot it's completely different, the last time I was called in it was because employees had seen something. Something they shouldn't have seen. I think it's clear what was done with them.

Elliot's office is near the Game Station, at least the official one... He's also got another one in the underground passage to the new leisure park that's being built there. At least that's still a classified secret, but the higher-ups in management already know.

And here I am at last, the red door with his name printed on a golden sign. I slowly lift my arm out of my lab coat and knock on the door, I can hear voices inside and I know immediately who is there. Harley Sawyer and Elliot are talking about Rowan Stoll. The guy has already locked himself in death row, as far as I know he used cameras to spy on us researchers.

As far as I know, there are still documents on my desk about which experiment we should feed him to. I think I'll vote for Boxy, after all Boxy isn't as well known as the main characters and toys, and he'll be hungry. Plus he's one of my favourites.

I knock on the red door, not even a second later I hear a call.

"You can come in" I take the door knob in my hand and turn it to the right, and enter the room. There are pictures everywhere, all painted by the children playing around in the game station. In the centre of the room is a long wooden table, and a little closer to the left is an armchair. Harley is sitting in the armchair, while Elliot is sitting at the work table. On the table is also a golden trophy for a future project. Something about environmental protection and plants, 'So it doesn't matter'.

As soon as Harley sees me, he gets up from his chair and walks to the door. 'He doesn't like me' but that's understandable because before I got the job here he was the best scientist there was, they called him the "Doctor", but when he realised that someone new had been appointed to a role next to the boss he got angry and wanted to know who I was. He tried to get answers from Elliot, but Elliot had an idea. I should be tested.

The Bigger Bodies Initiative had already been set up, but no one, no one managed to make an experiment actually survive, let alone live. I had two hours to turn a terminally ill person into whatever I wanted.Not only did I manage to do it in an hour,but at the same time the experiment is still alive today. That was Boxy Boo back then, I didn't just prove myself to be the smartest No... The genius arrived. Harley didn't like me but included me in every project from then on. After all, I was now the head of the initiative, but that was two years ago.

He gives me a dirty look as he leaves the room, but I just stare back. Now that the chair is free, I sit down and wait to start the conversation with Elliot. I remember the real reason and my heart starts beating a little faster than usual. The problem is that he has called me without knowing it, so there will be something serious about the experiments.

"Good that you're here so quickly Y/N, there's an important matter we need to discuss..." It's serious, the way he's looking at me, it's about something concerning the whole thing down here.

"Yes, I have something important too, it's about the family" I'll take the conversation slowly, I think I'll try to arrange a couple of weeks off and talk to the family-

"If it's something that needs a leave... That won't work now" 'what?' what does he mean? I have to go to this funeral or I'll neglect everything again.