Chapter 6: Outside

Y/N POV:

The air conditioning slowly blows cold air into my face as I concentrate on the road. It's dark, after all, it's very late. There is absolutely nobody on the road, and that's for the best. I look up in the rear-view mirror and can see the critters behind. Hoppy stares out of the window, while Kickin slaps her right shoulder lightly the whole time. Picky, Crafty and Bubba are playing some kind of game and looking at the back of my seat the whole time. Bobby is sitting completely upside down and looking out of the car towards the trunk. As I look away from the mirror and to my right I see the rest, DogDay and CatNap. CatNap is still sitting on his lap and DogDay is pointing out of the car every few seconds, I'm not really interested in what they're doing.

It's really quiet, the air is thick. 'Maybe they're still scared'. We won't get to my apartment for about twenty minutes and until then I should probably try to talk to them and explain the situation.

"When will we be there?" It was obvious that something like that would come from Kickin.

"Anon"

"When will we be there?" Is he taking the piss? I just answered him.

"I said right away..."

"You don't talk much, just say how much longer!" He's already getting on my nerves, I feel like I'm in a car with small children. Well, in theory...

"Hey... We're all here in the car with you now and we're far away... Are we finally going to get answers?" We've only been on the road for ten minutes and they're already starting like this?

"We'll be at my place in twenty minutes... Then you'll get the answers to all the questions you have." Now I can have a little rest.

"So in...1100 seconds!"

"No in 1200" Am I a teacher now? Shit. And they'll still be living at home with me for the time being.

"Oh Bubba, don't worry about it! We can learn everything from now on!"

"Yeah, so... What's that in front?"

"A road"

"And where are we in here?"

"In a car"

"And where are we going?" How often do they ask me that?

"To my apartment..."

"And what's in that Backpack you threw in the back?"

Silence. Absolute silence. I can literally feel the staring at the back of my head, I don't look in the rear-view mirror. 'Otherwise they could see the look on my face' I don't know why, but since today, I've felt strange somehow. Such a warm feeling...What is that?

"There are documents inside..."

"What kind?" Shit, now DogDay is joining in this round of questions.

"I'll tell you when we get to my place... in safety"

I can finally see the dark forest paths and the entrance to the neighborhood. I turn left into it. It's a simple neighborhood, just under 10 apartments and each has a single entrance, but all are connected under an underground parking garage. I drive slowly up to the yellow and red gate and insert my parking ticket, after a few seconds the gate goes up and I can drive in. A soulless gray parking garage, there are only two other cars here and not a soul in sight.