CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

PRIDE

PRIDE.

( INTRODUCING . . . )

nell cattrysse as# 7 Chase Neumann( ☆ )

nell cattrysse as
# 7 Chase Neumann
( )

    THE NCAA CHAMPIONSHIP WAS HERE. UConn would be playing against Jackson State and the girls were hopeful in their ability to get past the first round. Quitéra's spirits were higher than ever seeing as she was put on the starting lineup for the game. She knew that her first game back — at the most important game they'd ever had — would need to be an excellent performance. Quitéra's mom and one of her friends from back home, Chase were coming to see her play since this would be one of the biggest games in her entire life.

The gym was full, the game being completely sold out. Quitéra's eyes scanned the crowd and a large smile formed on her face when she saw Chase standing up just a few rows up from the court holding a cutout of Quitéra's headshot and waving at her, Quitéra's mother sitting down beside her and shaking her head in disappointment at the blonde's rowdiness.

"Who's that?" Paige's body somehow teleported right next to Quitéra, her eyes set on Chase in the crowd.

"Jeez, dude, you scared me," Quitéra huffed, glancing up at her before turning back to her friend. "That's my friend from back home. She came to cheer me on this one time since she's been busy with school and stuff."

"Is it safe to assume that Amarion won't be here then?" Paige crossed her arms and looked around the gym cautiously.

"Yeah, I think we're good." Quitéra  chuckled softly, finding Paige's uneasiness about Amarion — even now that they were together — hilarious.