CHAPTER TWENTY.

HOW I'VE WANTED IT

HOW I'VE WANTED IT.

IT WAS HARD FOR QUITÉRA TO NOT TAKE NOTICE OF PAIGE'S DISTANT BEHAVIOR FOR THE REST OF THE DAY. The girl didn't even ask for Quitéra's help turning on the shower that night and at dinner, Paige only indulged in conversation with Quitéra's dad as if she didn't even exist. Even worse, Paige set up the couch to sleep there, leaving Quitéra alone in her room for the night.

Quitéra was fresh out of the shower and making her way to her room, propping her crutches against the wall and laying down in bed. She picked up her phone and immediately went to text Paige.

 She picked up her phone and immediately went to text Paige

today 22:30

you okay ?

paige 💗

yup

you sure ?

paige 💗

i'm fine.

paige

you can talk to me

paige 💗

there's nothing to talk about

i'm going to sleep .

goodnight :)

read 22:45

Quitéra frowned when she didn't get a good night in return. She got up from bed and grabbed her crutches, making her way through the dark hallways to the living room where Paige was lying down on her phone. She scoffed when she saw the sight.

"Don't look like sleeping to me." She said, making Paige quickly dart her eyes over.

Paige just remained quiet and kept looking at her phone. Quitéra came over and set her crutches down, climbing on the couch to where she was straddling her waist. Paige didn't fight her off, she just tried her best to ignore her.