CHAPTER EIGHT.

SEE ME

SEE ME.

THEIR FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON WAS A GREAT START. The girl's won against Dayton 102-58, the girls' passion and aggression displayed while they were on the court. The win was glorifying, the team was ecstatic, their skill unmatched. Yet a thick tension lingered in the air during the bus ride back home.

Most of the UConn girls were fast asleep since it was a hard game and the trip back to campus was about half an hour, a bit longer thanks to traffic. Paige sat in the back of the bus next to Nika, the brunette having her headphones blasting music through her ears with her hood over her head. Paige gazed out of the window with a hard look on her face. She grew more frustrated by the second during that game, not pleased with herself and what she didn't do in the time she played. As if she wasn't already feeling it before, Paige was more sure than ever in that moment that she was losing herself to the knee.

She tried her best to forget about the pain. It almost worked. Even when she laid awake at night sobbing about how badly it hurt, she always found a way to distract herself from all of it. More specifically, someone to distract her from her inconveniences.

Paige snapped her head up when she caught the familiar scent of the distraction in question walking past her and Nika towards the bathroom in the back of the charter bus. Emotions a whirling mess, Paige impulsively stood up and climbed over Nika, ignoring the Croatian's groan of annoyance. She quickly followed Quitéra to the bathroom, glancing around to make sure no one was watching her. Luckily, everyone was either knocked out or in their own world being exhausted from the game. Quitéra walked into the bathroom, turning to close the door.

"Paige—" She stumbled back, her eyes growing wide in surprise as the tall blonde walked in, shutting and locking the door behind her in one swift motion. "I'm trying to pee right now."

Paige saw the way Quitéra turned her head away and brought her hands to cover her tear stained face and red eyes. She wasn't going to pee when she walked into that bathroom, Paige knew it. And Paige thought she knew what she wanted.

Without a word, Paige's hands grabbed Quitéra's waist with roughness before she was pulled against her and their lips were locked. She brought her hand up to feel her hair tucked away in two french braids, pulling her close.

"Paige—"

"Shut up." The blonde grumbled against her lips as her own lips hungrily attacked Quitéra's.

Paige's frustration was laced into every rough kiss she planted on Quitéra's lips. Quitéra kept quiet and kissed Paige back, her glossy eyes drying up, her pained heart feeling at ease whenever Paige held her close despite her harshness with her in the moment.