Chapter Twenty-Six: The, I Kissed Jeremy

Warnings- short chapter, cussing, angsty- fluff, Cliffhanger (Duh) dual POV

By the title of this chapter, yes it's gonna be awkward asf lol

Enjoy!

Miguel's POV

"Have I lost you?" I ask my heart in my throat. There are a few times when I have been scared in my life.

But never like this.

I can't lose Y/N. I just can't. I finally found my soulmate and because of one stupid mistake, I could lose her forever.

I need a second chance. I want to make things right. I know I can.

I just hope she can give it to me.

Her eyes move slightly up and imbassuimg she's glancing at Jeremy, who's probably looking down at us.

Of course, I'm jealous that she has been staying at his house. But right now is not the time to pick—

"I— she stammers and eventually finds her words. "I- kissed Jeremy."

What?

My eyes narrow. This isn't the answer I was hoping for.
She kissed Jeremy? When and how many times?

As if she read my mind she opens up. "More than once. We also have been sleeping in the same bed together."

Now my brows knit together.

"Y/N," I say boldly. "Don't stall. Answer my question."

"What? You're not going to go apeshit? Didn't you hear me? I kissed—

"I know what you did. I heard you loud and clear." believe me.

"However, I can't get mad at you or blame you. I fucked up and hurt you to a great length." In other words. "I want to fuck Jeremy up but I can't because I'm already in thin lines."

She eyes me in suspicion, not buying it. "You're not mad?" she asks in a cautious tongue as if she is about to endure a booby trap of some sort.

"No," I say firmly.

"You're just saying that 'cause you want me to forgive you." she scoffs.

I step forward and lift her chin in my direction. "No. I'm not. Because I know the only reason why you kissed him was because you were missing me. Especially at night, you felt the loneliest because I did too. Except I had no one to fill the void with. But I didn't want to."

She processes my words by glancing down. "I have to be honest," she whispers. "I don't know if Jeremy is just filling the void."

"You like him?" I ask her sternly.

She bites her bottom lip hard. "Yes."

"Do you love him?"

"Not yet, no."

Not yet?

"But you can?"

"I think so."

"Do you want to?"

She bows out air again. "I don't know." Her cracked tone leads her eyes to tears.

"Y/N," I say and she looks up. "Have. I. Lost. You?"

Her eyes closed and her chest puffed out big. "No, Miguel. You haven't lost me."

That was all that I wanted to hear. I still have a chance. This time I'm not gonna fuck it up.

"Come with me," I say to her. She gives me a blank look, not comprehending my words at first. "I understand that you need time to heal and I will give you all the time you need. But if you don't want to stay at your dad's you can stay with me and Gaby."