Chapter Fourteen: The Date

(meme for this chapter)

Warnings-short chapter, slight cussing, light smut, cliffhanger.

(There might be some typos and grammar errors 🔴 )

After I hung up with Jer, I went downstairs and found Dad and Antonia cleaning up.

"Um, I wanted to apologize ms gentry." I clear my throat. They both turn around.

"Oh y/n you don't have to. I understand and I don't want you to think I'm replacing your mother. I just want to be friends if that's okay with you."

"Yeah, that's okay," I say slowly. I side-eye Dad and he has this huge relieved smile on his face.

For dad.

"So um where's Gaby and Miguel?"

"Guesthouse, Gaby got syrup all over her clothes." Dad laughed.

"I'm going to go say sorry for my rude behavior." I excuse myself and walk to the guesthouse where I hear arguing.

"Why don't you want to wear the pink shirt? It's pretty it has a ladybug on it." I see Miguel holding up a shirt.

Gaby crosses her arms. "Only cause I'm a girl doesn't mean I have to wear pink. I can wear blue and still be identified as a girl." the sass in that girl is impeccable.

"Ay Dios, fine wear the blue. I don't want another call from your mother saying I don't let you express yourself."

"Knock knock," I say pretending to knock on the open door.

"Oh look it's the Hulk." Gaby smiles, putting on a blue shirt.

"Gabriella that's not nice." Miguel frowned. "Okay, I'm sorry."

"Can I go with tio now? He said I can have some cookies after breakfast," she asks Miguel. He nods. "Alright, go ahead but just three, okay."

"You're no fun."

She passed me and stopped. "She's not that bad. Tio smiles a lot but if you want me to hate her I will," she tells me.

I almost felt guilty for being jealous of a five-year-old who was clearly on my side. "I don't want you to hate her."

"Okay well if you change your mind you know where to find me."

She left me with my mouth open as she walked away.

"Your girl is ruthless," I say to Miguel. "Tell me about it. She told me I should invest in some wrinkle cream. Do I really have wrinkles?"

I giggle and shake my head. "No, but you will if you keep making those mad faces at me." I walk up to him and wrap my hands around his neck.

His lips pressed together. "I'm sorry for earlier okay, it's just, that I don't like sharing what's mine."

"I'm not a piece of property you know," I smirked. "I know, but that kid—