Chapter Two: The Movie

Warnings- sexual tension and cussing.

I can feel his eyes boring into mine. I shouldn't have looked up.

But I did.

And that's where it all started. One sultry look between Miguel and me. Just like that, our lust fates were sealed. I capture his darkened eyes, and they palpitate my heart. He wasn't looking at his best friend's daughter.

He was looking at his mariposa. I didn't know it yet.

"So, what movie are we watching?" I forgot my dad was in the fucking room. With disappointment, he interrupted Miguel's, and I eye fucking session. Miguel frowned when I looked away to blink at my father. "Whatever you want." I shrugged my shoulder. "Oh c'mon, you loved picking out movies, Y/N." He said as he sipped his drink.

Yea, when I was seven.

"Maybe we should ask Miguel. He can pick out the movie." I say sheepishly, my heart fluttering as I say his name. He smiled. "No way, Miguel has horrible taste." Dad laughs, causing Miguel to narrow his eyes at him, a scowl panning across his lips. "That's not true," Miguel said offendedly. I couldn't help but laugh, making Miguel side-eyed me. "Sorry," I whispered, scared.

"It is true... You made me watch Aquaman." Dad shuddered horribly. He questioned his eyebrow at him. "So?" He says to Dad. "So... it fucking sucked." Dad deadpanned.

He's not wrong. It did suck. And I didn't even watch it. I boycotted because I don't support male abusers. As you can tell, I'm a Johnny Depp fan.

And for life.

Miguel lifts his shoulder. "I must have been high or something." My ears perk up.

Miguel smokes?

Just as I thought it, the words fell right from my lips. "You smoke?" I blurted out. He and my father both look at me. Dad has a worried expression on his face. "No honey, we don't, but we sometimes take gummies... to relax. I've been so stressed out at work-

"Dad, it's fine. I don't care." I cut off his rambling that could go on forever. "You're okay with it?" He says, shocked. "It's your business," I speak.

Miguel snorts. I arch an eyebrow. "What's so funny?" I ask. He laughs, shaking his head. "You're just saying that because you smoke, too." I blink twice. "I don't." I narrowed my eyes.

"Sure." He pops a forkful in his mouth, sharing a sly smirk I want to wipe off with a slap. "Do you drink?" Dad asks. But I couldn't answer as he still spoke. "Because alcohol isn't permitted in this house." He point-blank.

"I thought you completed your course?" I said, confused. He opened to speak, but Miguel cleared his throat. "It's because of me. Not your father."

Oh...

I wonder if Miguel abused alcohol like Dad did... Why does he live here and not in Arizona with his wife and daughter? Is he even still with his wife? Does he see Gabriella? I have all these questions I want to ask and know.

What's Miguel's story?

I looked down embarrassedly. "It's fine, I don't drink either."

Only at parties, but they don't need to know that.

"So, the movie..." Dad recalls the subject. "You guys can watch; I think I'll head to my room." I scoot my chair back. I get up and throw my trash away. "Y/N, It's your first night here. We're old and boring, but we can have a fun night. The three of us." Dad smiles as Miguel scoffs. "Hey, speak for yourself. I'm two years younger than you." He glared at Dad, but he ignored Miguel's glare.