sick?

y/n age: 10

"y/n you ready to go?" i heard my mom yell.

i groaned in response but i wasn't sure if she heard me. i felt so sick. i was nauseous, my stomach hurt, i was achy, all of the above. tonight my dad had a special dinner with his team to reflect his accomplishments. we were in vegas so we were no where close to home. i of course wanted to be in attendance but i just felt so sick. after i took a few deep breaths and recollected myself i stood up. i was super dizzy but i eventually made my way downstairs.

"what took you so lon—woah you feeling okay?" my mom said as she looked up from her phone.

"yeah..." i lied.

"okay you just look really pale. you sure?" mom asked. i nodded and we left the house. we got to the venue and it was really nice there. i was beginning to feel worse but i just sucked it up. i know how important this is to my dad.

we got to our table and sat down. we were joined my uncle patrick and aunt brittany and their kids.

"y/n you feeling alright?" aunt brittany asked. i nodded and smiled.

they brought food out and that immediately made my stomach turn and i became more nauseous. the smell of the food wanted me to throw up.

"hey mom?" i said as i tapped her on the shoulder.

"yeah baby you alright?" she asked as she turned her gaze to me.

"yeah um i'm gonna go to the restroom real fast i'll be back" i said.

"alright. you know where it is?" she asked. i nodded and made my way out of the room.

i felt so sick right now it wasn't even funny. i went into the big stall and just sat on the floor. i felt like i was gonna throw up i just didn't know when. i was getting more and more dizzy. i felt super weak and hot as well.

as i was focusing on my breathing i heard someone say my name. it was mom.

"y/n baby? you okay?" i heard her ask as she knocked on the stall. i stood up and unlocked the stall door.

"you okay?" she asked.

"i don't feel good." i said.

"what's the matter?" she asked as she stepped into the stall and closed the door behind her.

"i don't know i just feel super nauseous.." i said as i sat back down on the floor by the toilet.

"did you throw up?" she asked as she crouched down next to me and rubbed my back.

"no but i know i am" i said.

"okay baby just relax" mom said.

as if on cue i started to gag. my mom rubbed my back as i leaned over the toilet.

"it's okay baby. get it all out" she coaxed as i got sick. after i finished i sat in her lap.

"you okay?" she asked as she kissed my forehead. i nodded weakly.

taylor's pov

as i held y/n i could feel the heat radiating off of her she was for sure running a fever.

"mom we should go back out." she said weakly.

"are you sure your good to go out?" i asked her. she nodded and i helped her up. i smoothed out her dress and walked with her back to the dinner. as we sat down she immediately put her head down.

"she okay?" trav whispered in her ear. i shook my head.

"she's not feeling well she threw up" i whispered back. travis nodded.

"mom?.." y/n said weakly.

"yeah baby?" i said.

"i'm hot. like really hot." she said. i put my hand on her forehead and she was burning up.

"shit you're burning up!" i said. brittany looked over.

"britt does she feel hot to you?" i asked. brittany moved her head to her forehead and nodded.

"yeah. i think she has a fever... do you want me to take her back to the hotel room? i can stay with her so you can be here with trav.." she said.

"y/n would you wanna do that?" i asked as i rubbed her back. she nodded weakly.

"thank you so much britt i owe you"

"it's no big deal." she said with a smile and she walked with y/n out the room.

y/n pov

aunt brittany brought me back to my hotel room and tucked me into bed. i was able to sleep for about 45 minutes when i woke up again.

"aunt brittany?" i said weakly. then i heard the door open and she walked in.

"you okay?" she asked as she walked over to the bed.

"no i feel worse and i'm so hot" i whined. i was extremely uncomfortable. the pain shooting in my stomach was unbearable. i don't think this was a stomach bug. this was something way worse.

"do you know if your mom has a thermometer??" she asked.

"in the bathroom" i said through a grunt.

she came back with the thermometer and put it in my mouth.

"shit.." she muttered. "y/n we gotta get you to the hospital" brittany said.

"what?" i said.

"yeah is there anything you want me to pack for you?" she asked.

"um my blanket and my phone. aunt brittany my stomach really hurts" i cried.

"i know im so sorry honey. do you think you can walk?" she asked.

"it hurts to move!" i cried.

"okay okay just breathe." she said. she grabbed her phone and dialed my mom and put in on speaker while she packed some things for me.

"britt?" i heard mom say over the phone.

"hey tay is the dinner almost over?" she said.

"umm i don't think why? is everything alright?" she asked.

"no i think we need to take y/n to the hospital she has a fever of 103.4 and she says her stomach is starting to hurt more. she can't move. she's like screaming in pain" she explained.

"i'm on my way up with trav and pat" she said and she hung up.

"aunt britt what's gonna happen to me?" i said through tears.

"we're gonna take you to the hospital and make sure you're okay. alright?" she said as she moved my hair off my sweaty face. then the door burst open and i saw my mom dad and uncle patrick.

"trav can you carry y/n down to the car" i heard mom say. dad came to pick me up and the slightest bump made me exert a piercing scream.

"what's wrong baby?!" mom said.

"PUT ME DOWN! PUT ME DOWN! IT HURTS PLEASE!" i cried. dad set me back down on the bed.

"someone call an ambulance!" mom said. i began to cry harder and it was making me nauseous. i began to dry heave and mom quickly gave me a trash can.

"it's ok baby let it out." my mom said as she rubbed my back.

"okay the ambulance is on its way" dad said.

"y/n where does it hurt?" uncle pat asked. i pointed to my lower right side.

"i think it might be her appendix" he said.

"shit" my dad muttered.

"IT HURTS SO BAD PLEASE CAN YOU DO SOMETHING" i screamed in pain.

"hey it's okay baby the ambulance is almost here" my mom said as if on cue there was a knock on the door and in came the paramedics.

i was rushed to the hospital and taken to emergency surgery because my appendix was about to burst. thankfully they got it out before it did...