~Thirty-One~

January 15th (Warning, Attempted Rape, Violence)

Maia's P.O.V

A small indie band that Ryan loved was playing around 30 minutes away from Uconn. Which led to Ryan inviting Alyssa, Jess and I, she kept the invitation open for our girlfirends or anyone else to join as well but the concert ran into a night practice that Geno had scheduled after their first game last week, wanting to keep the team on their toes.

So that leads to how I ended up dancing with Alyssa in a small-town bar with Ryan and Jess with us. The indie bands lead singer gripping onto the mic as they fell into an encore performance of one of their more poplar songs of the night, the crowd around us singing and dancing along. Throughout the time as well I've noticed Jess's eyes on Alyssa a bit too much, I would need to tell her about that later cause I'm sure she doesn't know.

"I've got to go to the bathroom!" I call over the speakers, causing Alyssa's dancing to slow until she came to a spot, the younger girl nodding as she made a move to tell Ryan that she was coming with me. "No, it's okay, the bathrooms not far, enjoy the song!" I said again, knowing that Alyssa had been particular into this song the first time it was performed that night.

Alyssa's eyebrows furrowed as she looked at me, tilting her head. "Are you sure?" The 5'10 girl asked.

I nodded, starting to weave my way through the crowd, apologizing to people I bumped into along the way, hearing Alyssa's voice behind me.

"Alright but if you're not back in 15 I'm coming to check!" I throw up a lazy thumbs up that I'm not too sure if Alyssa can see or not from the angle I'm at, screw being short honestly.

The last thing I expected though was seeing my very, very toxic situationship from my freshman year of college. The same female that had caused me panic attack after attack, the situation being so bad that I had to move back home for spring semester, not returning until my fall semester for somophomore year when we were able to file a restraining order on her for the year.

That order was gone as of 6 months ago, but I had never seen her since, the woman like a distant memory.

Except she couldn't really be when she was right infront of me.

"Maia?" The 6'1 black haired girl infront of me spoke, eyes scanning over my figure as I had turned away from washing my hands, the girl blocking the bathroom exit. The gaze making me back up slightly as I hid the nervousness I felt with disgust etched on my face.

"Jamie."

"How have you been? I've never been able to really ask you, since you've made me out to be such a bad guy before." The ending of the girl's words held clear annoyance, and her eyes never left from looking below my face. I honestly felt like puking there and then.

"I can't make something up if it's true. Now leave me alone before I call the cops." I get out with fake bravo, stepping forward, attempting to push pass the much taller girl girl, but she grabbed my waist, pushing me back to where I was in front of her.

"None of that shit you made up, was true. And don't try to play me, I know the order has been over, they can't so shit to me." Jamie's voice sneered and me, and flashbacks before of the violent moods the girl would get in flash through my kind, accompanied with the many bruises I would have to hide from her. I shrinked back at the voice slightly, causing her to smirk slightly and step forward, her hand landing on my cheek, sliding down to my collar bone which I instantly slapped off. Jamie's eyes grow furious at this and her hand drops to my stomach, shoving me into the wall behind us.

My mind races as my head hits the cool tile behind me, debating if yelling or not would be useful. The loud music blaring from outside was slightly muffled through the bathroom door, but clearly audible enough for words to able to be heard.