~Thirty~

January 7th (not everything is EXACTLY like the real life game but I try to keep atleast 75% true, also two chapters back to back? Yall eating ain't yall)

Uconn Vs. Providence

W 85-41

Nika P.O.V

Geno is definitely on our asses right now, it's the second quarter against Providence right now. It's almost the end of the first quarter and the score is 18-10 us.

Providence is not good.

We should be blowing them out by at least 15 by now.

I watch as Ashlynn moves away from her person, driving to where Kk was late on her assignment before watching as Kk's girl passes it to the open player Ashlynn had left. In a hurry, the freshmen tries to get back to cover her, but she proves to be too late as the three falls cleanly from the girls shot.

Let's make that 18-13.

"What are you guys doing?! If you're going to leave her wide open like that you might as well gift-wrap this game for them and put a bow on it!" Geno yells, the older man frustrated on the sidelines as he runs his hands through his gray hair, mumbling something under his breath as he walks back towards the bench. I see coach look at the players sitting down before shaking his head.

"Don't worry about it, we got this." I pat Ashlynn on the back as Kk moves to inbound the ball back into Paige, I run alongside my twin as she dribbles it down the court. Paige goes behind her back before passing to Ashlynn who does a step back into a clean top of the key two pointer which falls. I cheer at the girls comeback before tailing it back to our own side to defend my girl.

I look over at Geno who's calling a play, and when I glance back to the court I see my girl sprinting towards the paint. Instantly following her ad she gets the pass I throw my hands up, boxing her out and forcing her to pass it outside of the paint, to the girl in the top left of the court, behind the three point.

She shoots it, Aaliyah's hands up infront of her causing the girl to miss the three pointer. I fist pump at the good play as Paige rebounds, sending it back to me. I take off down the court, dribbling between both of my hands as my eyes scan for my teammates.

Paige is on a fastbreak as I throw a bounce pass to her, the girl catching it and driving for a lay up through contact, making the shot and getting a shooting foul called on her for.

"AND ONE!" Paige yells, stepping towards me as we both jump for a chest bump, Paige flexing as she lands and I hype her up.

"That's what we do twin!" Paige laughs as I shove her playfully before taking her spot on the free throw line. The shot easily going in. When her free throw falls I see Paige glance to the bench and throw up a rock symbol, my eyes following hers and seeing Maia in a squat infront of our bench, taking photos before letting the camera drop and clapping. I smile for Paige noticing the photographer was wearing Paige's blue jersey, while the team wore white.

Providence calls a timeout after this, letting my team gather ourselves and get a little bit of water in our system. Geno pulls Ashlynn and Kk aside, explaining something to them as Paige and I go to Maia.

"Good shit guys." Maia lets her hand linger on Paige's back for a bit before dropping it, looking at me. "You're both going to have some really good shots for your instagram after this by the way."

"Thanks babe." Paige gets out with a slight pant, still catching her breath from the game. With the loud cheering and rumbling of the arena, no one would hear the term of endearment except literally Maia and me but even then I'm sure stories would pop up because of the jersey our photographer wore.