~Twenty-Nine~

December 24th

Maia's P.O.V

Movement around my waist is what wakes me up. Opening my eyes groggily I look behind me, Paige giving a sheepish smile as I turn to face her, rubbing at my eyes.

"Sorry baby.. I didn't meant to wake you, just have to use the bathroom." My girlfriend says, kissing the crown of my head and slipping out of the covers and into the bathroom in the hallway. My eyes glance over to the time sleepily.

7am.

Yeah it was too early to get up, and also too cold in the bed without Paige. The moment she came back I was knocking back out, until then I grab the covers around me, yawning as I snuggled into them.

Winter quarter had started a little over a week and a half ago, The girls basketball team having had to stay a week into break to practice but given the okay to leave back home for the last 2 weeks of the break, a majority of the girls stayed however as many knew season was around the corner and all the extra work counted.

Paige had stayed, obviously the girl was in bed with me, and so did Nika. Alyssa and I had mentioned the two staying with us for break, and spending Christmas together which the two had quickly agreed to, much to both of our happiness.

My happiness grows even more when I feel my bed dip besides me, arms wrapping back around my waist as I get pulled back into the warmth I had fallen asleep with. I feel a kiss at the back of my neck.

"Hi pretty lady." Paige's raspy voice, a hint of sleepiness still tinting it as I laugh tiredly.

"Hi my love." I turn in her arms, laying my head on her chest as her grip around me tightens a bit. I sigh happily at the feeling, Paige's chest rumbling below me with laughter.

"What are you laughing at?"

"Nothing, you're just cute." I glance up at her to see her smiling down at me, that same tired goofy smile that made me fall in love with her harder. I blushed and she pecked my lips gently, "My beautiful girl."

I lay back on her chest at that as the girl brings a hand up to my hair, running her hands through it.

"Are we still going to see the lights tonight..?" Paige asks after a moment, there was a Christmas themed light show that happened across an entire neighbor about 2 hours from Uconn. A small roadtrip that was always worth it, my father used to take my step brother and I a lot when we were younger, but I hadn't been in a few years, I was definitely looking forward to going with my girlfriend and friends.

"Definitely.. But it's too early to think." I mutter with a yawn, the town always consisted of rows of houses being decorated, people selling Christmas cookies and hot chocolate, Christmas music being played and fireworks being shot, overall it was an amazing experience.

Another laugh that makes my heart soars, "Understandable, get some rest baby." Paige coos, still running her hand through my hair, my body relaxing until my eyes close again.

The next time I wake up, the spot next to me is empty again and the time on my phone reads 10:30 am. Slowly, I start to get up, stretching and getting a few of my things together so I could wash my face and brush my teeth, once those tasks were done and I walked into the living room, my eyes caught sight of my girlfriend, humming in the kitchen with eggs cooking in a skillet. A few plates of already finished waffles on the counter.

I move behind her, wrapping my arms around her waist and laying against her much taller backside, my face smushed against the muscle.

"Morning pretty girl." Paige laughs, turning the stove down for a second to turn around and hug me, before shifting back to continue cooking, leading to me resting my face against her back again.