34

" Guys!" Cato yells, " We need to go!"

Cato pulls me up shaking everyone demanding right away to pack and run.

I could hear the sounds getting closer at an alarming rate, the hissing becoming words, one word. two words. Octavia Avril.

Everyone wakes, eyes widening.

" Get your weapons loaded and ready." Zane instructs. Cato quickly takes my face in his hands, " You alright?"

I nod, " Yea. We need to get the hell out. Cal-"

He was still sitting on the edge, unmoving looking to where the mutts were, I see his mouth moving ever so slightly, I hear the faint noise comign out of his mouth, in perfect unison.

Octavia. Avril. Octavia Avril.

He whispers, his eyues unblinking, like he was in a trance. I quickly shake him, " Cal. CAL!"

He seems to snap out of whatever he was just in looking at me, blinking a few times, then looking at Octavia. " They're here for you."

" Cal." I beg looking at him. " Snap out of it! We need to go! We're victors remember, victors stick together."

He blinks again his pupils dialating, " Yea... Victors stick together."

I nod, " Yea.. good,good. Now let's go."

" Pollux what's the fastest way out?!" Zane asks. And Pollux runs, all of us after him, weapons raised as we jump from the ledge and through the tunnels once more. Cato grabs my hands and I couldn't help but grab Cal's as we run through, the hissing getting closer.

Pollux crawls through the tighter space, Zane on the side of them, all of us climbing through packed together not waiting for the next one to cross until the other begins. Though Jackson stays put, gun raised looking to where we came standing guard until all of us were through.

Cal just crossed to the other side, I pull him the rest of the way, " Jackson!"

He nods, as Gale and Finnick hold their guns ready to shoot. For a moment I notice it's silent, quiet. I see Cal...grinning.

Jackson just turned, just started climbing between the tight space when mutts all of the sudden pounce coming from below. That's when they open fire, that when Jackson starts screaming helplessly as he gets eaten alive by these things.

" Go, go, go!" Zane orders and we leave her, we needed to. I see her tear filled face from the pain the desperation but we know she's dead, she knows she's dead as we allow her life to give us just a little more time as we run.

Pollux still leads, we hear the thudding of the beasts just climbing through, they were massive, larger then a human or at least me, close to Cato and Gale's height of being over 6 foot, maybe even bigger then them.