Chapter 4: THE FAILED RITUAL

When Elrand turned back and was ready to fight he was surprise as to see a big and 6 foot tall man.

"Is it funny to violate my order? Am I funny to four of you? Cassidy, you are the leader of your team and yet that's what you said? You should be punishing them and not encouraging them instead."  A big man said from behind Elrand.

"I AM SO SORRY SIR! I will make sure this kind of thing doesn't happen again sir Lockhart ." Cassidy said with a straight and serious face.

"You are lucky this time as we doesn't need to engage in battle as the situation has been dealt with" Lockhart said with a high and serious tone.

"what do you mean by the situation has been dealt with?" Cassidy said as she was wondering what was happening."

"It seem a half-transcendent or higher has deal the situation. It quiet gruesome as the cultist look like it been rip apart by a hungry beast and left with flesh and bones everywhere. The whole town was covered with blood. I was actually sympathy for those cultist but they also deserve it." Lockhart said while trying to hold his disgust.

" Is it from the people of AVELIN or another association, sir?" Cassidy ask.

" our side had called all the other association but it seems neither of them. It might just work of "Loner" but we still need to investigate it as we don't know what their motives." Lockhart speak firmly and tell them to always keep your guard up.

" And you the one who lost his little sister, I know it sad losing your one and only relatives but please do not be reckless and priorities your work as it is your responsibility.The association also decided to gives you compensation for your lost. You may takes leave if you wanted to" He continued with soft and comforting tone.

"We understood sir and thank you" Cassidy said with grateful face as he know sir Lockhart has always be a warm hearted person and affectionate to his subordinate.

" You know sir,to be honest the reason I submitted to this association instead of other is bacause of you. The rumour about you, a middle aged man who have accomplished various achievement and dedicating your soul to protect normal human. Not only that, a strong and a well build body, broad shoulder with thick black hair and piercing blue eyes. An easy going character and charming manner. Every girl in my department is going crazy about you sir." Cassidy said while giggling and drooling like a fool

" Wow Cassidy, I didn't know that you are a smooth talker. But just so you know it won't change my mind,your salary will still not gonna increase and instead I cut it half as you're not keeping your team members safe." Lockhart said with a playful manner.

"NO! Sir! You can't be serious, that's absurd. Ugghh I guess there's nothing I can do about it" Cassidy said as she was in disbelief and disappointment.

"Okey ,done is done, just return to your post and ready to attack if there is enemy seen" Lockhart said sternly and return to his usual self.

"Ugg dang, he's stingy." Cassidy said in a furious way as she was still in disbelief.

"WOW. I guess the rumours about his handsomeness isn't exaggrated but of course he still can't faught with him . " Elrand said with amused and envy.

"Whose "him". Cassidy crossed her arm and tilted her head sideway and wonder with her eyes filled with curiosity.

"No one, nothing hhaahhha"Elrand fastly said that as he tried to avoid that coversation.

"You... you know something about this situation aren't you? Huh?.. huh? .. huh?. Cassidy said with a teasing tone.

Elrand was breaking in sweat. Every negative thought pass through his mind.

"FUCK! I am screwed. Am I seriously caught red handed?." Elrand thought in remorse and denial.

"Hahhaha why are so serious, I am just making fun of you. Are you seriously breaking in sweat? Cassidy said in teasing and playful manner again.

"Well then let's hurry up and went there before sir Lockhart find us here siting and chatting around" Cassidy said.

"Aahh Cassidy, what "Loner" mean?" Elrand ask in confusion as it was the first time he heard it.

"Well, they are people who are not connected by any association, guilds or cults as they prefer to be alone for many reasons." Cassidy explain slowly as worrying that he might can't catch up to her explanation.

"But isn't it a rules for each "Gifted" need to be register to any association or guild and if they are not, they will be charged or penalty." Elrand ask in doubt.

" Indeed it's true but there are also exception for special case. That's  the only thing you need to know. Now, let's hurry up!" Cassidy said in rush.

While on the way to the post, they couldn't believe their eyes. The situation is much more severe than what they thought. They decided to turn a blind eye.

After a few days, the sky has return normal and the town has been clean up. The association also decided to leave and left a few people in the town to guard it.

" Team 1 and team 3 will be the one to stay here and everyone else return to the head quarter. Cassidy and her team will take a leave , I heard town in south will be having festival, go and have fun there." Lockhart said while looking at Cassidy and give a small smile as if to reminded her about her salary.

"Tch! Yes sir!" Cassidy said while frowning her eyebrow.