Chapter 2: THE RED SKY

The air begin to thin and become stale,all the sound around have all become quiet. A sense of dread and emptiness fills the surrounding as the sky continued become progressively darker and shifting to a deep crimson. It felt as if the world was being consumed by something sinister. The air was suddenly filled with a foul stench and a scream as if someone asking for help.

"UGHHhh the smell is crazy."

Suddenly Auns hear a voice that whispering him to run. He was shocked but he realised this voice.

"You.. aren't you the one that speak to me while I was drowning. What do you want from me and what is happening. Ohh is this another dream. YES! It is right?" FUCK!." He shouted.

"Please calm down and hear me out. This is what those cultist work. They try to turned this town into a living sacrificed to summoning the false god. You need to be wary as there are something evil lurking here." The voice said.

"What do you meant by that. You.. you mean those people that are in my dream. You.. are you seriously trying to fool me with that." Auns said while trying to digest what it said.

" I know you don't trust me but I am the pocket watch that you picked up on the street before coming to this world. I am an ancient antique that are wanted by many people."

"What did you just said? Hahhahha are you kidding me"Auns said while laughing sarcastically.

Suddenly a black creature jumping on me and shouted

"MOMMY"

"Ahhh! What is that ugly....cute thing you are.OMG you're so cute. Auns said while gigling like a fool.

" its a creature that will help you. It also one of my power that you could use at this moment. I am sorry but it's the only one you could use as your body will not stand it and exploded if I transfer all my power to you. You see you're weak and did not have enough spiritual energy. If I remember it right the cute thing you said... you have met him before, the one in the bathroom." The voice said while holding his head high as if trying to show his mighty

"You mean the shadow that try to strangle me" Auns said.

"MOMMY hugs... ermm.. hug hug hug" The black little creature shouted repeatedly.

"What do you mean by that" Auns replied while holding his ear as he couldn't stand the noisy.

"As you can see it just wanted a hug and doesnt meant to scare you or anything like that. It doesnt have that high IQ and couldn't hold a long sentence. Ohh BTW and you should name it too " The voice said.

" Ohh okey. Then...Toto! It perfect... " Auns shouted and before he could complete the sentence the little black creature said

"You suck at name thing " the cute little creature said while making a serious face with a slight raise of it eyebrow.

"Wha what! You said it couldn't hold a full conversation" Auns question while holding his embarrassment.

" Well wait it said is true" the voice answer.

"Ahem! Blackey. That will be your name. Satisfied?" He said while tilted his head to the side.

"MOMMY" it said while jump and sat at Auns's shoulder.

The little black creature had a small hands and legs that making it look like a ball of fluff. With it high pitched and cute voice. No

"wait this isn't the time to introduce and knowing each other"the voice said.

After that the voice continued to explains the situation. Those cultist are using the people of the town as a sacrificed. They laid a huge circle that covered the whole town and chanting in the middle of the town a few minutes from here to prepare for the decend of the false god. After the ritual is done, your blood will be slowly sucked dry untill he turned into bone.

"The situation is this critical and you just tell me that now.I should run now before I die. It was only one month and few weeks and I will lost my life again ,hell nahh."Auns said.

Not only that, he also said that this world is much more different than your world. The people use spiritual energy as a medium to fight with those evil doers and called "THE GIFTED" and they use ancient relics that has higher spiritual energy and divinity. However not all people can withstand this much power and only 20% of people in this world can and only 1% can hold a higher one.

Hence, they created an association called "AVELIN" to investigate those who are evil and figuring out their motives. However you also need to keep your guard infront of them as they might conspire with them.

"However, you shouldn't worry about this because you have me. Every item had it unique and power and the user need to bear consequence each time they use it. While you won't have one as your past death is the payment and you can also increase you spiritual energy by the time goes by." The voice said.

As he explain it,Auns quickly picked all his money and a few clothes to put in his leather suitcase. He also rushed and wear his black knee length coat and a black top hat and quickly make a run.

"Wait, don't forget to take the pocket watch as it had a ability of protection and hide your presence from your enemy." He continued

Then he burst out from the shop and sprint down the street. As he was outside, he could hear the scream much more louder than before as if it was in agony. He decided to deaf himself and only think of his own survival.

"I am not some hero or anything like that. I also want to live. I am just a human who struggle to live and at last I had the chance to start and lead one so please don't curse me" he thought.

while he keep running, he heard a few man voice and a familiar one as he keep approaching to a corner of the road. He quickly find a spot to hide. He ended up curl inside a empty barren. Suddenly the voice and the footstep approach closer closer to where he is hiding.

"What? I thought I saw someone." A man wearing a weird robe with some sort of ominous symbol said.

"I told you there's nothing" another man said wearing the same bizzare clothes.

Auns sighed greatfully as he was lucky and had put on the erasing presence. Then he peep out to see the situation and saw Elrand. He was at the ground grumbling with pain and losing so much blood. He look pale but his eyes was burning with anger,passion and revenge. That was the only word that could describe how he look at that time.

Auns wanted to save him but he also know how dangerous it is. If he just stay there and wait for them to leave he could survive.

" I just need to wait, that's it. Just did how I did just know, deaf myself and they will leave" He repeated himself.

"You fucking cultist, I will kill you all, I'll make sure you death is more gruesome than how you did to my little sister" Elrand shouted with pain and tears.

"Hahhaha, what the hell are you saying, couldn't you see yourself.

"FUCK x3, this god forsaken word. Why.. why did you do that to my sister, she just a little kid who doesnt even know this world yet. If you want to kill, you should've just kill me instead. WHY! Just why my sister. Please if there is god in this world, at least let me see this people die before me" he said while sobbing in pain.