Ch.3 The horse rider and the witch

Mikey was playing his food by throwing it in air and catching it in his mouth. Shinigami admirers him with a look.
Mikey notices.

"Do I have something on my face?" Mikey asks.

"No I just noticed how cute you are" Shinigami smirks.

Mikey blushes.

"Really? because I think your pretty" Mikey admits.

"Well thank you Mikey" Shinigami smiles.

Mikey stands up.

"I'm gonna go out to the open fields to ride wild horses. You wanna come with me ?" Mikey asks.

"Sure" Shinigami said.

Mikey gets on his horse buttercup and helps Shinigami on. They ride to the open field. There they see wild horses much to Mikey's excitement.

"What do you want to do ?" Shinigami asks.

"Simple we carefully approach them" Mikey said as he gives Shinigami a carrot.

"What's this for?" Shinigami asks.

"To feed to the horses they loves theses" Mikey said.

They carefully walk up to a large brown horse. Mikey pets the horse on the head while Shinigami feeds him the carrot.

"I think he likes you" Mikey smiles.

"I like him too" Shinigami laughs.

"You wanna ride him ?" Mikey asks.

"Mikey I don't know how to ride a horse" Shinigami said.

"It's easy I can show you" Mikey said as he gets on top of the brown horse.

Mikey offered his hand to Shinigami.

"Come on" Mikey said.

Shinigami takes his hand and gets on the horse.  Mikey taps the horse's head to make him move.

The horse rides them through the field. Shinigami laughs as she holds Mikey.

"This is the most fun I ever had !" Shinigami said.

Mikey smiles. Suddenly a knife is thrown at the horses leg causing him to cry out in pain. Mikey and Shinigami fall. They see Xever was the one who threw the knife. Shinigami stares at him with anger as Mikey checks to see if the horse was okay.

"What the hell Xever !?" Shinigami yells.

"I'm doing some target practice" Xever smirks as he shows off his knife.

"But why would you do it on beautiful horses?!" Mikey said clearly upset.

Mikey checks on the horse. He takes off his shirt and removes the knife from the horse's leg. Mikey uses his shirt to pressure on the wound.

"Don't bother that damn horse is gonna be dead anyway"

Shinigami punches Xever to the ground.

"You bitch !" Xever snares.

"Hey ! What's going on here ?!" Leatherhead demands.

"Xever here injured an innocent horse" Mikey said.

Leatherhead lifts up the horse and heads back to the circus.

"Will get the horse treated" Leatherhead said.

Mikey and Shinigami follow Leatherhead inside the tent hoping the horse would be alright.
************************************
Mikey sleeps on his cot not knowing the danger he was in. Suddenly he feels a hand on his shoulder. Gasping awake he sees Anton Zeck. He is the one that woke Mikey up.

"Zeck what's wrong ?" Mikey asks.

"Some freaky guys are here, Steranko told me to get you and that girl out of here" Zeck said.

Mikey gasps.