Ch.2 bonding with Leatherhead

Mikey enters one of the dressing rooms. It was Leatherhead's room. In his hands were two trays of food.

"Hey Leatherhead I brought you some food"

Leatherhead looks up at him with his angry eyes.

"I would like to be left alone" Leatherhead said with a grunt.

"I know Zeck said not to bother you but I noticed you don't go to dinner after the show so I thought I would give you some food" Mikey said.

"Well that's nice of you boy" Leatherhead said as he sits down.

Mikey gives him the plate full of dumplings. Leatherhead begins to eat with Mikey.

"You like it?" Mikey asks him.

"Yes I do, thank you my friend" Leatherhead said with a small smile.

"I have a question to asks you" Mikey said.

"Go ahead" Leatherhead said.

"When did you come to the Steranko circus? Because I know you were here before I came" Mikey asks.

"Ah yes, you were just a little boy when you first came to the circus as I remember" Leatherhead said.

"My father left me here" Mikey said sadly.

"I'm sorry" Leatherhead said.

"It's okay, So how did you get into the circus life ?" Mikey asks.

"I had a family like you but one day we were attacked by the foot clan. They killed my son and wife. They forced me to watch while putting me in chains"

Leatherhead pauses.

"Then what happened?" Mikey asks.

"I was sold to the circus" Leatherhead said.

"I'm sorry Leatherhead" Mikey said sadly.

"You know you remind me of my son,Michelangelo" Leatherhead said.

"I do ?" Mikey asks.

"Yes he had the same kinda of excitement and happiness that you do" Leatherhead replies with a smile.

"I wish I could see my dad again" Mikey said.

"Do you know why your dad left you at the circus?" Leatherhead asks.

"I'm not clearly sure but he told me I had a talent for riding horses and it should be seen by a audience" Mikey said.

"Are you sure it was about nothing else about why he left?" Leatherhead asks.

"He never told me about why he was exactly leaving. I wish could know" Mikey said.

"I'm sure one day your father will come back for you" Leatherhead said.

"Thanks Leatherhead" Mikey said with a smile.

"Anytime my friend" Leatherhead said

A slick black man enters the room. Leatherhead looks at him with anger.

"What do you want Xever ?" Leatherhead snares.

Xever was the circus's knife thrower and alot of his fellow carnives think he's a dick. Mikey however thinks he's just mean.

"Steranko wants to see the boy" Xever said.

"Okay go my friend and remember what we talked about" Leatherhead said.

"I will" Mikey said as he follows Xever.
************************************
Circus flunks struggle to subdue an wild horse. They keep the horse tied up but the horse struggle fiercely. Mikey and Xever walk up to Steranko who was watching the situation.

"Mikey ! My boy ! I'm so glad your here" Steranko said.

"What's wrong and why are they doing to that poor horse ?" Mikey asks in concern.

"Ah we found this horse out in the open field. I thought we can get you a new horse to ride" Steranko explains.

"With all do respect Steranko, it's a wild horse Mikey can't ride it" Xever scoffs.

"His father told me he could tame any horse especially wild ones" Steranko said.

Mikey carefully walks up to the horse holding his hand out.

"Easy girl easy I'm not gonna hurt you" Mikey said as he places a hand on the horses face.

The horse starts to calm down. Mikey unties the horse allowing her to be free. He then brings out a carrot and feeds it to the horse.

"That a boy I know you would tame that horse" Steranko said with a big grin.

Xever stares at Mikey with jealous and anger.