𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

.

TO THE WHOLE Ton it was no secret that Lady Danbury's balls are in fact the best and people love to attend them. So, when Lady Danbury announced to throw the last ball, a masked ball, of the social season in 1812. Let's just say the people of the Ton tried to gain their invite to said ball. Of course, old friends like the dowager viscountess Violet Bridgerton and Baroness Adele Crawford got an invitation right away. Violet Bridgerton decided to take her two oldest sons with her, and Adele chose her husband and daughter who had yet to be presented to society.

So, when the fateful day finally came in 1812; Adele and Violet could be found together enjoying a drink. While their children had to enjoy their time closer to the dance floor. Of course, the Baron and Baroness of Crawford did partake in the dancing activities, but social matters always grasped them away from each other.

"Is dear Jessamine to enter society next year like my Daphne?" Violet asks her oldest friend.

Adele smiles kindly at her, "Richard and I have decided that it is time for her indeed." She takes a sip, "and how lovely it will be when they at least have each other, like we did."

"But it was you who got to be the queen's diamond," Violet smiles thinking back at those times, "although your heart was easily taken by the first man who asked you to dance."

"I couldn't help myself back then," she sighs softly, "and I still can't."

Violet smiles brightly, missing her late husband, "you two are still a love match indeed."

"Reminiscing over the past," Lady Danbury interrupts the two, giving them a pointy look.

"We just hope that our daughters get to support each other like we did," Adele says.

"Ah, miss Daphne and miss Jessamine," Lady Danbury says, "I can't wait to see them enter society next year, I am sure the queen will have a hard time choosing her diamond."

Close to the dance floor dressed in sage and gold stands the daughter of the Baron and Baroness of Crawford, Miss Jessamine Crawford. Her blonde hair shining in the lights that illuminate the golden details in her dress and mask. The girl is very happy with her long gloves as she feels how sweaty her hands have become. Waiting in anticipation until her cousin is finally back. The number of gentlemen who had tried to get her to dance was too many, and Jessamine would rather talk to her dear cousin, something she had been doing, before he left to speak to his mother, Jessamine's aunt from her mother's side.

"Miss?" Another gentleman, Benedict Bridgerton, was standing before the girl, a black suit with a blue and yellow vest with a matching mask, after mustering up some courage. "Might I say you look radiant." He takes her hand to kiss it, wanting to hit himself with how straight forward his words are at the woman he didn't know. Sure, they are true, but uncalled for. But nonetheless, his eyes keep hanging at her face, how pretty her blue eyes look with both the green and gold.

"My lord," Jessamine laughs softly, not catching of how the man let's out a sigh of relief, "it is a bit straight forward might I say." Her eyes looking right into his light green eyes that in this lighting match her dress perfectly.

"My apologies miss," the man grins, happy his straight forwardness hadn't scarred her of just yet and how beautiful her laughter had sounded, "might I have a dance with you?"

There is a soft sparkle in his eyes, reluctantly Jessamine offers him her hand, still a little mesmerized with is lovely smile, "you may." She says and she lets the man lead her to the middle of the dancefloor.

Jessamine rests her hand on his shoulder and looks at him in wonder, he was different from all the other men who tried to talk to her. It wasn't just his composure because most men are able to carry themselves well. No, it was what her mama had said about her papa, it was his eyes. Every day again, her mama says, every day I am reminded that I love him just when I look into his eyes. Of course, Jessamine didn't believe it, she still doesn't. But she must admit that the eyes of the man before her spoke of wonders, and she couldn't deny she wasn't at least a little curious to find out what wonders lay within.

At the same time, Benedict is as happy as one can be. How lucky he feels to dance with the woman who hadn't left his eyesight since she entered the ball his mother forced him to attend. How he wishes he mustered the courage earlier; he could've been dancing with her earlier.

"Is everything alright, my Lord?" Jessamine asks, making sure to ask either her cousin or papa and mama who she was dancing with.

"Yes, I am perfectly fine," Benedict smiles, "it feels like an honor to dance with you."

Jessamine smiles at the man before her, "then I am happy I can say you are an excellent dancer, and I don't regret my choice." Her eyes twinkling ever so softly, Benedict was sure he would've missed it was he not so obsessively watching her.

"You flatter me too much," Benedict says, "excellent is a way to high praise for me."

.

As the song ends, Benedict leads Jessamine back to where they came from. Her cousin already waiting for Jessamine to come back, eyeing the man carefully.

"Miss," Benedict nods his head and kisses her hand one more time.

"My Lord," Jessamine smiles at him before taking her place beside her friend.

"My lord," Benedict then nods to Jessamine's cousin. Who nods back.

.

As Benedict walks away, his mother takes his arm once they are out of sight for the woman he just danced with.

"I have seen you starring at her for hours," she says, "how was she?"

"Who was she is a better question," Benedict says as they reach his brother, the Viscount.

"I doubt you shall find out soon," Anthony pats him on his shoulder, "maybe next season."

.

Jessamine's cousin, Gideon Dalton shakes his head lightly, "what made this one different?"

"His eyes," Jessamine looks at him, "I know you said you wanted to watch out for me, but I couldn't help myself but say yes. His eyes, his eyes simply looked kind and like they hold wonders."

"Then I am happy you enjoyed your time on the dance floor," Gideon gives her a tight-lipped smile, looking up as she hears footsteps coming closer. "I am sorry gentlemen," he speaks with authority to the five men as Jessamine smiles, "we are retiring for this night." He then leans closer to Jessamine's ear, "I am sure your mama and mine want to hear everything about this mystery lord."

"Oh, shut it," the blonde woman shakes her head, "it was only a dance."

"The only dance you have accepted," Gideon smirks, leading his younger cousin away to find their parents.

.

Nora speaking!
And so the story starts. I have some cute moments planned, but first some details had to be set in order to match with Benedict's canon love story.

I hope you all will enjoy <3