Chapter Seven

Aurelia 

The next morning, the sun illuminated everything it touched with golden warmth. 

My foster parent, Mr Driscoll, was ready to be discharged from the hospital because fortunately there was nothing serious with his injuries. 

But just before we left, I first wanted to find the doctor who helped me yesterday. I had asked a nurse for directions to the surgery department on the hospital's top floors. 

I walked through the long hallways until I reached the office area. On one of the polished wood doors was a silver plaque with the name 'Dr. Cade Giordano' on it, confirming that I was at the right place. 

I shifted nervously from one foot to the other. Was he in there? What if he didn't have time to see me? After all, he was a busy surgeon. 

Just as my hand hovered uncertainly over the doorknob, the door suddenly swung open, revealing him standing on the other side. 

He was dressed in scrubs with a crisp white coat and his dark brown hair cascaded in smooth waves. His eyes looked tired, perhaps from working a night shift. 

"Can I help you?" He asked. His voice was gentle and his gaze attentive. 

I panicked and blurted out, "Oh uh, I was just walking by." 

What a flimsy excuse and I'm sure he knew that because he leaned against the doorframe with his arms crossed. 

"You just happened to be walking by the surgery department?" He questioned. 

"Yeah," I mumbled while looking down at my feet. 

He glanced at the expensive watch around his wrist. "You've been standing outside my office for five minutes now." 

My eyes widened. How did he notice me? "I-I'm sorry," I said. "I just didn't want to disturb you." 

"So you're looking for me then?" 

"Well, I..." 

-----

A/N 

Hope everyone is doing well! Who's excited to read what happens next? Please let me know what you think so far - would love to hear from you!