six

"Hmm... I don't know. It's kind of... dull."

"Okay." I roughly put the dress back onto its original display and turn to glare at the entire being that's about very close to making me lose my marbles and then some. My arms fold over my chest, eyes narrow and lips press firmly, only for a moment. "I've about had it. You're of no help. You've declined every single dress! I've shown you! At this point I might just go naked!"

"Will that be honouring the dress code?" It's meant to be humerus, I can tell with the way his lips tilt up in amusement, though I find the slightest bit of it far from funny.

"Micah."

"I'm sorry." He chuckles, leaning back against the soft cushion next to the rather large mirror in this store. I can't help but notice his biceps flexing enough to support his sudden weight shift with his knees spread out to his liking. "I've never really went dress-shopping before. It's my first time."

"Wouldn't be your first time with me considering, you know, you forced yourself to come."

"I was bored?"

"Then occupy yourself with your hobbies. You cannot break into my house— which, I'll say, we've addressed already but I'm bringing it up for the thirst time just so it's clear that you can't do illegal stuff. You can't do that, and then threaten me with a good time and then fail dismally." I huff out with frustration.

I mean, am I lying? He broke into my apartment again, except this time I was doing my hair when I heard weird sounds and sudden footsteps coming from my room. Now, I nearly screamed bloody murder, only because I did not expect any one to come in or visit me, especially not in the manner of climbing through my window in broad daylight.

We did address it again, and he said he did it again because he was too lazy to go round to the top gate and sign himself in, as per the rules of my apartment complex's safety regulations. Don't even get me started on how I damn near questioned how he managed to come back from the back once again (though, I know the obvious answer) and how he managed to climb in without getting caught — of which, even despite him assuring and then reassuring me that he was confident no one saw him, I knew he was telling the truth, if I was to cross reference his Little Red Riding Hood tale back when him and I... yeah. To make me feel better, he assured me he wouldn't do it again.

He was lying. I'm confident of it, but I left it at that and decided, considering his presence was not going to suddenly disappear and I needed advice and assistance (considering, post best friend breakup), he'd be of great use.

Or at least, that's how he made it seem like, but he's been nothing but damn near useless.

Micah smiles this time. "I know. I'm sorry. I'm just not that good with stuff like that. I've never really had to do this before."

"Not even for Sarah?"

The blue eyed boy blinks. Has to be a good few times before his head tilts to his left and eyes saying in the slightest. He bites his bottom lip momentarily, perhaps processing my merely simple question.

Except, it's not a merely simple question considering it has so much context that I cannot afford em to reveal to him. So, of course I'm mentally smacking myself silly for carelessly flinging his sister's name out in the open, right to his face like that.

"How do you know about Sarah?"

I shrug, lips parting though not a single breath of a word escapes me. I then quickly turn back to the dresses on the rack, flinging through them as though they have my best interest. "Oh... you know..."