CHAPTER 9: Unexpected reunion

SCENE: SEOUL LAND

TIME: APRIL 19TH, 8:16 PM

Tae-ri: What about your brother?

God of afterlife's face immediately changes as he runs to check up on him. Tae-ri follows him to check up on the subordinate.

Subordinate: Wow, you just left your dying bro and decided to have a nice chat with her.

Tae-ri sticks out her tongue at the subordinate in mockery.

God of afterlife: You have quite a big mouth for a dying person.

Subordinate: You know what, I can go home myself, the wound is already half-healed anyways.

God of afterlife: But..

Before the God of Afterlife could utter another word, the trio was startled by the sudden appearance of the police.

God of afterlife: Wait, what's happening?

Tae-ri: Nothing, it'll be over soon.

The police rush forward and swiftly put handcuffs onto Tae-ri's wrists.

Police officer: She is an important suspect in the recent murders.

God of afterlife: How would you know that?

Police officer: Through the letter she wrote to us. She will be investigated in the police station. You can come if you have something to say about this.

Subordinate: I am his brother, can I join too?

Police officer: It's a police station not a party where you have fun. You can go home and wait till he comes back.

Subordinate: Tch..double standards.

SCENE: SEOUL LAND

TIME: APRIL 19TH, 8:30 PM

SETTING: SUBORDINATE IS SEATED ON A BENCH WHILE BEING IMMERSED IN DEEP THOUGHTS.

Subordinate: The police said Tae-ri had written a letter to them regarding the recent murders. If she was the murderer herself, she would not have done that. Is there another person who can control time? Is my brother getting too involved in something he shouldn't?

Head hung low, the Subordinate's gaze fixates on a pair of feet standing before him. His eyes widen as he slowly lifts his gaze to see who stands before him.

Subordinate: Wait! Why in the world are you here?

God of fate: Long time, huh?

His gentle gaze eases the tense demeanor the subordinate as he sighs.

Subordinate: (smiles) Yeah, I guess.

SCENE: GWANAK POLICE STATION

TIME: APRIL 19TH, 8:36 PM

SETTING: TAE-RI AND GOD OF AFTERLIFE SEATED IN THE POLICE STATION INFRONT OF THE SENIOR POLICE OFFICER'S DESK.

Senior police officer: So, Miss Jin, have you got anything to say about this?

The senior police officer pushed a letter over to her with expectant eyes.

Tae-ri: I think the letter's contents are well written and doesn't need a second hand explanation.

Senior officer smirks at her.

Senior police officer: But this makes you one of our prime suspects in this case. I initially thought ther were no witnesses to this case, but you've made me doubt otherwise.