29

-

-

Hassan slowly began to wake up, his body aching as if he had been hit by a car. The weight of the morning pressed down on him as attempted to remember the last night, remnants that he could barely piece together.

His body groaned in protest as he moved, each step a reminder of his choices from the previous evening. He winced at the sharp ache in his head, a relentless drumbeat.

His gaze shifted to Celine, still asleep in an uncomfortable position. The sight tugged at his heartstrings, knowing she had stayed up all night watching over him. He gently eased her down to lie flat on the bed, her expression peaceful in slumber, contrasting the uncertainty he felt inside.

Realization dawned on him as he recalled fragmented memories of the night before. Flashes of heated words, broken promises, and tears played like a disjointed film in his mind. He knew something had gone wrong, something he couldn't fully grasp in his current state.

Fumbling around for his shirt, Hassan realized it was nowhere to be found. He settled for another one from Celine's dresser. He searched for his phone, finding it tucked under her pillow, it displayed the time in glaring digits, each passing minute a reminder of his responsibilities slipping away. He suddently remembered he was supposed to be recording a new song at twelve and was already thirty minutes late.

"Fuck," Hassan muttered, his voice carrying the weight of his hurried realization.

Celine's soft voice filled with drowsiness broke through his frantic movements, drawing his attention. "Where are you going?"

He paused, guilt and regret washing over him as he turned to face her. "I have to be in the studio," he replied, his tone tinged with apology as he rummaged for his keys.

A pang of sadness gripped Celine as she watched him rush, the events of the night before still fresh in her mind. She masked her emotions, not wanting to burden him further with her hurt.

Hassan hurriedly placed a kiss on her forehead, his gesture hurried. "I'm sorry, I'll be back later," he promised, though the words felt hollow even to him.

Celine nodded silently, her disappointment lingering in the air as Hassan left, leaving her alone with her thoughts and a heart heavy with unresolved emotions. Tears welled in her eyes, her mind replaying his hurtful words from the night before, wondering if he even remembered them or the pain they had caused her.

Celine's world felt like it had collapsed in on itself, the weight of uncertainty pressing down on her chest heavily. Negative thoughts swirled relentlessly, casting shadows over every memory she held dear with Hassan. Did he still love her? Did he even remember the hurtful things he had said? The questions echoed in her mind, each one intensifying her distress.

With shaky hands, Celine reached for her phone. Brenda was the only one she could turn to at that moment, she always knew how to soothe her troubled soul. The phone rang, and as Brenda's voice greeted her, Celine's tears broke through.