CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT

One Week Later...

Gia

I was sitting in the dark while resting my chin on my kneecaps. My eyes were wide in alert. He's going to find me and when he does he's going to kill me.

I suddenly heard loud footsteps approaching me they stopped once the person that had entered the room stopped in front of me. I squeezed my eyes shut in fear and my heart started beating faster and faster in my chest.

I felt the man in front of me pressing a gun against my forehead and a cold shiver ran down my spine.

"Seni öldüreceğim, Gianna." (I am going to kill you, Gia). He told me in a slow and sinister voice.

"Lütfen, Orhan! Lütfen beni öldürme!" (Please, Orhan! Please don't kill me!" I yelled as tears ran down my cheeks. "Lütfen Orhan! Lütfen! Lütfen!" I cried out to him.

"Gia! Baby, wake up! It's just a dream." I heard Viktor's voice coming from above me. I opened my eyes and realized that I was screaming and begging for Orhan not to kill me. I looked up and into Viktor's eyes and he gently caressed my cheek.

"It's just a dream." Viktor told me so I looked at him in shock. Suddenly, the room dawned in silence and he pulled me into his chest so I closed my eyes before letting out a breath of relief.

"You're okay now. It was just a nightmare. He can't hurt you anymore." Viktor whispered into my ear so I wrapped my arms around him before I broke down in tears.

After a while of crying in Viktor's arms I realized that the sun was already shining outside. I slowly pulled back from Viktor and he took my face into his hands before he looked into my eyes.

"I'm sorry." I softly apologized to him and he frowned lightly.

"Don't be." He told me in a genuine tone.

"I just haven't been this scared in a while. After I watched my parents die in front of me I had nightmares about it every single night after it happened. And at the time it felt like I had no one. No one was left. Except an uncle who I saw once a year, he was the only person in our family who cared enough to raise me, to not let me go into foster care. And I couldn't talk to him at the time because I didn't know him. We talked about it five years after it happened, for five years I had to live with the torture that came with the death of my parents. It got better after five years, Viktor. And then I met Ozan, I don't have to explain- it was obvious that he abused me people just chose to turn a blind eye to it. I'm tired, Viktor, I don't want to live with it anymore." I told him and he placed a kiss on my forehead.

"And you don't have to, we'll get you the help that you need." He said before placing another kiss on my forehead. "Ah güzel- kız (Oh beautiful girl), do you know how much I love you?" Viktor asked me so I shook my head at him. "I love you more than life." He told me and I smiled at the fact that he's trying to incorporate Turkish into his vocabulary for me.

"I love you more than life too, you are my life, Viktor." I told him before placing a kiss on his lips.

His phone suddenly started ringing so he apologized before answering the call and I quietly watched him in admiration.

"I'm listening." He blankly spoke into the phone. "Luciano," he tiredly said before looking at me so I shrugged lightly.

"She's fine." Viktor blankly said, Luciano must've asked him how I'm doing. "No, I do not allow it." Viktor snapped at Luciano but in the calmest way possible.

"I'm busy. I must look after Gia." Viktor told Luciano and I frowned lightly. It sounds like Luciano wants to meet with Viktor, but why? "Where?" Viktor asked before clenching his jaw. "I will see you there then." He slowly told Luciano with a heavy russian accent. His accent  becomes thicker when he gets angry so this can't be good.

"I have to go, will you be okay if I leave you here, or do you want to come with me? Luciano wants to see me for- a meeting." Viktor said as he tried to find his words.

"I'll stay at home." I softly told him before I laid back down on the bed.

"I'll have my men watch you. Alex is downstairs if you need anything." Viktor told me before he left his bedroom. This must be urgent business and I think it would be better if I don't know anything about it.

I just want to be alone for a while.