CHAPTER EIGHT

Gia

I woke up and searched for the bathroom before taking a shower. I wrapped a white towel around my body when I was done before drying my hair and tying it into a bun on my head.

I bit into my bottom lip before going to Viktor's room. I knocked on his door but he didn't answer. I waited for two more minutes before knocking again but he still didn't answer so I carefully opened his door.

I walked into the room and he was saying incoherent words so I frowned before going over to him.

"No-" he said under his breath and I gulped nervously before lightly tapping his shoulder and he jumped upright.

"Gia?" He asked in confusion and I nodded.

"I'm sorry- I'll leave." I said under my breath before turning to walk away but he pulled me back by my waist. I straddled his lap and he placed his head on my chest while his arms wrapped around my waist and I placed my hand in his hair.

And we just stayed like that for a few more minutes, hugging each other.

I pulled back from him and he rested his hands on my ass while looking into my eyes.

"Are you okay?" I asked carefully and he nodded slowly.

"I am, I just have really bad nightmares." He said under his breath so I lifted his chin up.

"What are they about?" I asked softly and he clenched his jaw.

"My sister, I keep dreaming about the day she shot me. It's the same dream over and over again and I can still feel the bullet piercing through my skin." He said and my eyes softened as I looked at him.

"I'm sorry." I said softly. I had nightmares too after my parents were murdered in front of me.

I wrapped my arms around his broad shoulders and he slowly relaxed in my embrace before holding me closer to his chest.

Holy God! I'm naked under this towel.

"I'm sorry." I said before getting up from his lap and he suppressed a smile. "I actually wanted to ask you if you could lend me something to wear again." I said softly and he stood up before going into his closet.

He came walking back out before handing some clothes over to me.

"Thank you." I said and he nodded.

"No I should thank you, Gianna. Especially for being here so thank you Gia." He said while looking into my eyes and I blushed against my will.

"Well I'll always be here Viktor." I said softly and he gently rubbed my shoulder before stepping back from me.

"Right, I should go get dressed." I said in realization before walking out of his room and down the hallway.

I slumped into my bed before staring at the ceiling. What just happened? And why do I have butterflies in my chest?

I got dressed while images of Viktor ran through my head. His cologne enveloped me and I smiled softly before letting my hair down, I'll let it air dry today.

I quickly applied some light make up to my face before going downstairs.

"Gia." Viktor said smoothly, he was dressed in a blue suit paired with some black dress shoes. His curly hair had a wet look to it and I could only admire his perfection.

"Sir." I said before sitting on a barstool across from him.

"We're gonna be late for work but that's okay." He said and only then did I realize that he was busy making some bacon and eggs. I continued to watch him cut an avocado into thin slices.

When the toast was done I stood up before grabbing them and placing it onto the two plates on the countertop.

Viktor dished up for us before taking his apron off.

"Can you take me home? I wanna go change. Wow this is so good." I said as I tasted the scrambled eggs.

"Why, don't you want to be seen in my clothes?" He asked and my eyes widened so I quickly shook my head.

"No, it's not that I have to attend a meeting with the Marroquín's and my uncle later." I said and Viktor frowned.

"The Marroquín's?" He asked and I nodded. "Well I need you at the office so you'll have to cancel." Viktor said and I frowned lightly.

"I'll go on my lunch break." I said and he frowned at me.

"We're going out for lunch." He said and I sighed before nodding.

"Fine maybe they can postpone." I said and he looked into my eyes before clenching his jaw.

"Why are you insisting so much?" He asked in confusion.

"Because I don't trust them. And I don't want my uncle alone with them. He's all I have left and I can tell that the Marroquín's are dangerous men." I said and Viktor tilted his head.

"I know my uncle is dangerous too but still. You should come with us." I said and he shook his head.

"No, I choose peace." He said and I nodded.

"So then let's make peace." I said and he bit into his toast before nodding slowly.

"No." He said blankly.

"Please." I begged and he shook his head at me in response.

"We're flying to Dubai tonight." He said and I frowned.

"Dubai?" I asked and he nodded.

"Yes we have business to take care of there. I'll talk to Kemal myself." He said and I nodded slowly.

I guess we're going to Dubai tonight.