CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

(Please vote and comment)...💜

One Week Later

Gia

I carefully climbed out of my car, hoping to not get any stains on my Louboutins. I clutched my bag to my side as I made my way down a dark alley. I finally reached a bouncer standing in front of a wooden door.

"Name." He blankly demanded in a thick voice and I gulped nervously before smiling up at him.

"Gianna Doğulu." I pointedly said and he cleared his throat before he moved out of my way.

"Right this way, Miss Doğulu." He told me and I smiled at him before I entered the nightclub. The bouncer walked in front of me and I followed him all the way through the club.

We stopped in front of another door and I sucked in a nervous breath. "Mr Marroquín is waiting for you inside, Miss Doğulu." The bouncer told me and I nodded at him. He opened the door for me and I quietly entered the room.

"Gianna." Luciano said before he got up from his seat. He came walking over to me before he led me over to a chair and I sat down on it. He leaned against his desk while looking at me and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"I assume you're here because you mean business." Luciano told me and I nodded at him.

"One hand washes the other." I pointedly told him and he smirked at me before he nodded his head in agreement.

"Tell me what you need from me, and I will give it to you, Gianna." Luciano told me in a promising tone and I gulped nervously.

"I need you to get rid of someone for me. His name is Ozan Yıldırım." I told him and one of his eyebrows raised in shock.

"I must say, I didn't take you as the type to get rid of people." Luciano told me and I shook my head at him.

"I didn't mean I want you to kill him, just scare him off, enough to make him stay away from me for the rest of his life." I told Luciano and he frowned lightly.

"Why don't you ask Viktor- since you're his- whatever you are to him. Why didn't you ask him?" Luciano questioned and I blushed a deep shade of red.

"It's complicated." I told Luciano and he frowned lightly. "We're not seeing each other anymore." I added and he looked into my eyes.

"I'll get rid of him. Trust me, he'll never bother you again." He assured me and I nodded at him.

"And I'll get them to sign the contract. There will be peace in this mafia while you are the don." I told Luciano and he angrily glared at me.

"Dons, plural form. I don't do anything without my brother." Luciano told me in a warning tone. "Either you count Dario in or you can forget about our deal." He added.

"Fine, I'm sorry if I offended you. It's just I don't trust anyone but you right now. I've been betrayed by all the men I love. Now tell me what to do." I softly said before I looked into Luciano's eyes.

"Rio is my brother. Somos lo mismo. We are the same." Luciano told me while staring deeply into my eyes.

"Alright," I told him in a gentle tone and he nodded at me.

"Go home, little one. Get some rest, I'll sort everything else out." He told me and my eyes started brimming with tears because I've never felt this safe before.

"I'll see you at the meeting." I told Luciano and he nodded at me. I got up from my chair before I walked over to his door. "Thank you, Luciano. You're a good man." I said before I left his office. I left the club and the bouncer from earlier escorted me back to my car.

I sped down the road and as I checked my rear view mirror I noticed a familiar black car following behind me. I stepped on the gas before taking a sharp turn to my left.

Why is he following me?

I checked my mirror again and the car was still following behind me. I clenched my jaw before I pulled my car over. I stepped out of my car before slamming my door shut and Viktor parked his car behind mine.

He climbed out of his car before he came walking over to me and I angrily looked up at him as he stopped in front of me.

"What were you doing at that club, Gia?" Viktor angrily asked me and I gulped nervously.

"I told you I'd find help elsewhere. That's what I was doing there. I was asking for Luciano Marroquín's help, I wasn't cheating on you!" I told him and he flared his nostrils.

"I don't fucking trust you, Gia." He angrily told me.

"I don't trust you either, Viktor." I replied in the same tone and he placed a rough kiss on my mouth and I felt butterflies erupting in my belly.

"It's like I'm in love with a fucking stranger. I don't know you, Gia because you keep everything to yourself. I don't trust you but you're so fucking good." He told me as his lips brushed against mine and a tear rolled down my cheek.

"Good at what, Viktor?" I asked him.

"At making me feel like I don't deserve you. You're too good for me, Gia." He said and I wiped the tears from my cheeks.

"How do you do it, Gia? How are you so good at making me feel like shit?" He asked me.

"So loving me makes you feel like shit? Is that what you're saying? I didn't ask you to fall in love with me, Viktor. I am not pretending, this is who I am. I'm not a stranger. You just don't see me. And I'm not going to stand here and explain to you who I am because if you don't understand me by now you never will." I told him and he pulled me against his chest by my waist.

"Just tell me you don't love me, Gia. And I'll leave." Viktor told me while staring into my eyes so I looked away from him.

"I don't," I softly let out and Viktor scoffed at my words.

"Look into my eyes and say that again," he coldly demanded.

"I can't Viktor. I love you, I love you so much. Sometimes more than I love myself. And it scares me because I've only known you for a month. I don't want to be in love with someone who sees me as his second option." I told him and he nodded slowly.

"I love you, Gia-"

"But you love her more!"

"I don't fucking love Paige. She ripped my heart out stepped on it then she left me there to die, Gia! Nothing can compare to the love I feel for you, baby." He told me.

"Then why did you kiss her, Viktor?" I asked him and he ran a hand over his face.

"Because I wanted to hurt her, I wanted her to feel how I felt." He told me and I took a step back from him.

"It's still Paige, Viktor. You're not over what she did to you and until you are you will never love me and only me. A piece of you will always belong to Paige." I told him and he nodded his head at me.

"Fine Gia, have it your way. But this isn't over. And if I ever see you with Luciano or any other Marroquín again, I won't be this calm." He told me and I scoffed lightly.

"Are you threatening me, Viktor?" I asked him and he just glared at me.

"Get in your car and go home, Gia." He told me and I walked away from him before I climbed into my car. And I drove home just so I could breathe again.

Why am I doing this to myself?