Chapter 7

WARNING: AFTERMATH OF DEATH

DogDay's POV:

I saw CatNap drift off to sleep in my arms, I could mainly tell from him softening his grip and making small little exhales, I almost died of cuteness. I got up and laid him down, leaving to his backyard because the dead body was still there.

I got a big plastic trash bag and put the body's remains in it before going to CatNap's basement where a furnace was. I grabbed each individual body part and tossed it in, then covered them in gasoline before lighting a match and tossing it on a severed forearm.

The body was ignited in flames, making a distinct crackling sound. I got a metal rod and poked at it a bit before closing the furnace door, having it do the rest of the job. I noticed that I got a bit of blood on my hands and lower forearms, so I went back to CatNap's backyard and used his hose to scrub it off, then returned back inside to cuddle with CatNap more.

AFTERMATH OF DEATH END

. . .

???'s POV:

I was returning to the neighborhood to grab something from my house before the next group of kids arrived to learn, then noticed that people were in CatNap's house. I ran to get the stuff from my house, then on my way back I looked in through the living room window. It was CatNap and DogDay sleeping and cuddling on the couch!

I thought DogDay loved me, how dare he cheat on me like that! Oh DogDay, just wait until I get my revenge. I'm going to tell the critters before you feel comfortable to tell them about your boyfriend, oh I can't wait!

I ran to the meeting table and said to all the critters, "Guys, you won't believe what I just saw!" "Well, what'd you see?" Bobby asked me.

. . .

DogDay's POV:

I woke up and CatNap was still asleep, I just pulled him closer to me, he felt warm. I sat up in a sitting position, rested his head on my lap, and pulled out my phone to read updates on the facility. It looked like the Huggy Wuggy doll is still selling as fast as it did ever since they announced him.

Once I read a few updates, I put the beanie back on CatNap's face, left his house and locked the door, then went to the meeting area the critters and I always meet at. When I arrived, a few critters were whispering to each other, then sat up when I sat down, setting CatNap in the chair next to me.

"So guys, I noticed that a few kiddos were wanting new puzzles and activities more up-to-date. Any ideas, anybody?" Bubba said to everyone, but then Hoppy spoke up saying, "Wait, weren't we supposed to say some news to DogDay because one of us said some stuff?" "Oh, right. DogDay, one of us came across CatNap's house and saw you and CatNap cuddling on the couch, is this true?" Bubba asked me.

My face turned red and said back, "Yes, this is true, but I wasn't ready to tell you guys about me and him dating though. Who told y'all this?" Bubba then said to me, "They wanted you to figure it out for yourself. They only wanted you to know one thing, which is, you have some deep history with them."

I pondered in my memory, I have a lot of deep history with the critters, especially CatNap, Bobby, Hoppy, Crafty, and Bubba. It wouldn't be CatNap because he was with me, it also couldn't be Bubba because he's not the type to spread stuff like this around, it also definitely wouldn't be Bobby because she's good at keeping stuff to herself, especially considering the fact she teaches healthy relationships and social skills. It could either be Hoppy or Crafty now.

It could be Hoppy because she has ADHD and says stuff to everybody without thinking first, or it could be Crafty, but I have no evidence of her though, so only time will tell. "Well, how about we have Bubba continue what he was saying, then we can discuss this later afterwards." I stated, then he continued.